NXDN support for 436/536 - is it coming or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Paul Opitz, you asked and I deliver - a separate discussion thread for the question... Will the 436 and 536 be getting NXDN?

dallascowboys

Nxdn suport 436/536

As far as I can see I do not see it, even in the new post today about the SDS100 it don't have NXDN yet, so that tells me that Uniden don't have a clue on how to do NXDN. If you want NXDN do what I am going to do go to Whistler. This is just me .

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Well, I'm trying to avoid further speculation here, and UPMan asked that this question be presented separately from the SDS100 discussion. This is his opportunity to address the question directly.

frazpo

He mentioned next week he would address NXDN. I don't know if that means x36 capabilities or not. As far as marketing goes I can see trying to drive people towards the new product rather than putting more efforts into a latter model. At the same time Paul did say the x36 were not EOL.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
My speculation is that the x36 units will get NXDN before the SDS100 is actually available for sale.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
He mentioned next week he would address NXDN. I don't know if that means x36 capabilities or not.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to NXDN for x36, because NXDN is already confirmed for the SDS100.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Following this thread as well. I too would like an NXDN upgrade for my 436 as well.

The new radio while it does look nice. For some reason doesn't jump out at me right now.

I already have the ProVoice and dmr upgrades. It would only make sense to have the NXDN too.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Jake68111

I'll be following as well for any news on NXDN......

I'd also like to see if we can get a hint or clue about what's happening with Siren... Something? Anything? Nothing?

I'm really hoping for good news on both fronts, coming down the pipe.

marksmith

As far as I can see I do not see it, even in the new post today about the SDS100 it don't have NXDN yet, so that tells me that Uniden don't have a clue on how to do NXDN. If you want NXDN do what I am going to do go to Whistler. This is just me .
Don't have a clue? It is listed as a future upgrade to the new radio, and highly likely for the x36 radios.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

JamesO

I expect that Uniden does have a clue about NXDN, however, they have probably held back its release because they want to try to have a full trunking version and a release that works. Maybe the delay has been because the same software Engineers were working on the the SDS100.

If Uniden gets NXDN worked out for one radio, they will probably have it available for other radios. Hopefully at least the 4/536HP, would be nice if they would offer it for the HP2 & 325P2.

I do think that NXDN will likely be available for the 4/536HP and as Jon stated possibly at around the time the SDS100 is released. But it may be delayed due to debugging and it may not be released until NXDN is available to the SDS100.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that NXDN is on the way for some, if not all of the product line that currently support DMR/Provoice.

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber

Agreed

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm trying to avoid further speculation here, and UPMan asked that this question be presented separately from the SDS100 discussion. This is his opportunity to address the question directly.

Yeah and we all see how well this is working out. Total silence from Uniden. Go figure!

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm satisfied to wait until next week for his post on NXDN. Part of the problem, if not all of it, might be negotiating the terms of licensing. Or maybe not.

I'd like to have it in my scanner, even if there isn't a lot of it around here. I monitor a couple of trunks via DSD+, but that's less convenient than having it in a scanner.

As already has been stated UPman said he will address it next week. You must have missed that in this and the SDS100 thread.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Two clarifications:

1) I have a Dr's appt on Monday, so don't expect anything first thing. Depending on how that visit goes, it might be Tuesday (see my personal blog if you are truly interested in why).

2) I promised I would answer all your questions regarding NXDN next week. I really need to qualify that. I don't know much about the NXDN protocol and have only a surface knowledge of deep technical issues. I meant that I would answer regarding NXDN availability on other Uniden models.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Two clarifications:

1) I have a Dr's appt on Monday, so don't expect anything first thing. Depending on how that visit goes, it might be Tuesday (see my personal blog if you are truly interested in why).

2) I promised I would answer all your questions regarding NXDN next week. I really need to qualify that. I don't know much about the NXDN protocol and have only a surface knowledge of deep technical issues. I meant that I would answer regarding NXDN availability on other Uniden models.
Thank you for the clarification. And good luck at the doctor on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.