• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Is there and online complaint place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here in Gadsden Alabama and was searching thru the channels on my CB and on channel 15 (27.135mhz) someone is using it as a broadcast channel. Not that I mind the music just last time I looked at the rules CB radio couldn't be used as broadcast. Signal is anywhere between 2-3 db. No station ID in the last 30 mins so probably a pirate station. Nothing but music. Again the music is not a problem and I'm usually never on 15 but it's the fact that things like this (along with all the advertising I hear on 19) if I remember correctly are against the rules as put by the FCC. Can't attach a file but I did like 11 second recording. Was wondering if there is an online complaint section on the FCC site so I could report this infarction of the rules

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

https://www.fcc.gov/eb-cmpls#block-menu-block-4

Don't expect anything to happen quickly. In fact, you'd be well to not expect anything at all.
I figured as much with it being a government agency. That just so happens to be closed today due to inclimate weather. At least an unauthorized broadcast station will get reported wherever it is it's putting of a good bit of power to override squelch on my radio at only 2-3db according to the meter. All I can do is report it and hope other follow suit if they find it and maybe actually get it shut down. It's things like this that aggravates me going down the road some even do it driving down the road . Thank you for that information

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I hear your frustration.

Looking back through the list of enforcement actions from the FCC, there doesn't seem to be anything CB related in quite a while. They've more or less washed their hands of CB, as well as a few other services.

What you'll see is a lot of pirate FM radio stations getting busted. No doubt the large broadcast industry conglomerates are pushing this.

Jigglehurts

Where I am it's channel 17 that is like that. Usally just big power talkers but then someone takes over and broadcasts music and even religious talk for hours. They seem to keep it on 17 but it bleeds up and down a few. As I drive home from work it gets louder.

wtp

i did that once or half a dozen times.

in my old neighborhood a kid was always cursing and playing his favorite songs for his buddies.
i lived two doors away , but his neighbor could hear all the foul language and turn off their radio and TV.
no way for old folks to live.
so i got out the old plug in 23 channel tube radio and sat the open mic next to an FM with my kind of music.
after about 6 hours of him not being able to hear his friends , he would quit.
like i said after about 6 times he quit radio altogether.
peace in our time.
he moved out a short time later, i think to the greybar hotel for a while.
i was using a back of the set radio shack antenna so the only one who could hear me was him.

prc117f

Want to put a stop to this, get yourself a Texas Star Sweet Sixteen and step on his signal. After a few days when he realizes that you put the maul on his radiostation he will pack up and leave for greener pastures.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Rules in CB? Well, there's one: There are no rules (anymore). Irrespective of what you might read on the FCC's web site, MMCKENNA's right. The FCC has washed their hands of CB.

SCPD

QRT
FCC? Ha! Not that I condone such activity,but it would take you less time to track down and tell the guy
youre going to report him if he doesnt stop.Maybe send him a letter yourself.
The chances the FCC doing something for CB is nil.

asuddendeath

You might be able to file a complaint saying he is causing harmful interference.

The FCC doesn't give a sh*t anymore. They could careless. You should hear how bad it is on HAM anymore. Especially on that Tower out in California. OMG.

What tower?

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
You are talking about the W6NUT repeater. Yes, it's annoying. However, I'd rather see it left alone and be a magnet for those who like that sort of thing rather than have them causing havoc on other systems.

I don't have it programmed into any of my radios and I pretty much ignore it. Live and let live.

cmdrwill

Back many years ago the Los Angeles FCC Office called that repeater an anode, attracts all kinds of jerks.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Never fails the topic of this certain repeater comes up within a thread again. I don't agree with what they do but if you don't like it don't listen or change the channel.

Papa-Bill

My dad(R.I.P.) had a cb license back when you had to have one, then they got soo over used that the FCC just gave up on them, it used to be the FCC would drive around back in the 70's looking for people using Linears on their radios pushing more than the 3-5 watts and if someone saw a van with a tracking ant, they would announce it over the radio.
Those days are long gone now, everyone uses amps on their radios, so in the end, good luck with stopping the guy.
And as Riccom says, we used to do the ole needle in the coax for ahole pirates, had one guy who called himself HOGPEN out in central calif, and would terrorize ch 17 harassing truckers, and ya would hear him for miles. Dunno if anyone ever really did find him.

guyonearth

FCC enforcement has seen a lot of budget cuts in recent years. They don't have nearly enough enforcement people to track down all the yahoos. The crew currently in the WH probably thinks there shouldn't be an FCC at all. They tend to use the resources they have to stop pirate FM stations in the larger urban areas from interfering with existing commercial stations, for obvious reasons, those are the stations that make the most money, and where any interference would be least likely to be tolerated. Some hick playing Lynyrd Skynyrd over a CB base station in the boondocks isn't going to get them that excited.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully sooner or later the op playing the music will get bored and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.