• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Designing radio mounts and need help with similar radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete7919

I wanted a mount in my truck but I don't need a battery charger. I have a 3D printer so I designed up a mount and it works great for my APX 7000. It's not crash tested but it's certainly an upgrade from using the cup holder or throwing the radio on the passenger seat. I had a bunch of friends and acquaintances asking for mounts and the tough part is that I don't have all these radios that people would like mounts for. I know there's a lot of expertise here so I'd like to ask for help identifying all the similar models that would be able to use the same mount. My county uses mostly APX models so I have them pretty well defined.

APX - I have a mount for APX 7000, a shorter mount to fit APX 6000 and 8000, and another for the APX 4000 radios.

XTS - I designed this mount with an XTS3000R that was used on our old radio system. It's also been tested with an XTS-2500 and an HT-1000. Which other radios would fit? XTS1500? XTS5000? I can't get a straight answer as to which are exactly the same and I don't know anyone that has one I could borrow to confirm the fit.

HT-1250 - I have an HT-1250 that I used but have the same question as to what other models use the same body? HT750?

Any help is appreciated. If anyone needs a specific mount I'm happy to work on custom orders. Please send a message.

Thanks in advance for the help!

laythrom

Premium Subscriber
The XTS1500 and XTS5000 should seat just as well as the XTS3000. The only thing that I can think of (possibly being an issue) would be the keypad/display area. But for me, the NylonX mount that I designed for my 3000 also worked perfectly for the 5000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete7919

The HT-750, -1250, and -1550 all have the same shell. Just keep in mind that some will have partial or full keypads on the front.

The XTS1500 and XTS5000 should seat just as well as the XTS3000. The only thing that I can think of (possibly being an issue) would be the keypad/display area. But for me, the NylonX mount that I designed for my 3000 also worked perfectly for the 5000.

Thanks! Keypads should be no problem as the front is open in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.