Corona PD officially encrypted as of 3/22/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

951ryan

Feed Provider
Less than 2 months later, Corona PD is back on their VHF system and can be monitored on 154.755.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Less than 2 months later, Corona PD is back on their VHF system and can be monitored on 154.755.

Interesting news since Corona has been the only agency that went to PSEC and then backed out after two months on the job with radio comm issues with P25 and Encryption issues.

Seems that something in Corona is having a technology issue with PSEC radio system. The City of Riverside never reverted back to their old UHF system and they have been gone for maybe like a year now.

Would be interesting to hear the real story Countywide if other agencies are having the same issues but the majority of agencies have no way out since the old EDACS system was retired.

At least The City of Corona had a backup plan in place in case it hit the fan and it did for now. But this might just be temporary for the time being until they throw another few more millions of tax payer dollars at the problem for Motorola to come in and work the bugs out.

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
I can see this being a temporary issue. They were still using their Harris radios on PSEC. I haven’t seen any officer with a Motorola in car or handheld. I always thought it was kind of weird when I would show up on scene with them and they wouldn’t be carrying around Motorola APX’s like the rest of the subscribers agencies. Not saying that they haven’t purchased any though. I’m just throwing it out there and saying that’s their problem.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I can see this being a temporary issue. They were still using their Harris radios on PSEC. I haven’t seen any officer with a Motorola in car or handheld. I always thought it was kind of weird when I would show up on scene with them and they wouldn’t be carrying around Motorola APX’s like the rest of the subscribers agencies. Not saying that they haven’t purchased any though. I’m just throwing it out there and saying that’s their problem.

Corona is not the only agency on PSEC using Harris radios. They have not purchased any Moto equipment and there are no plans to do so. I am sure they will be back on PSEC very shortly.

951ryan

Feed Provider
Correct, Corona is not the first to use Harris on PSEC, Murrieta was the first. Here is an email I obtained via public records...

ceb062687f2b8dd3f6918b8ef558a73a.pngg

951ryan

Feed Provider
Here its in the PSEC use agreement that they only "officially" support Motorola radios...

26ebfc09dcff3e80dab480f066aa0941.png

951ryan

Feed Provider
I just got off the phone with Capt. Rodriguez with the Corona Police Department and received some factual updates regarding their PSEC migration.

Corona PD was having some coverage issues in the McKinley area, sorta a "shadow" as he called it and officers couldn't communicate with each other which is why they are currently patching their primary dispatch channel over to their legacy VHF on 154.755. They said they all other channels are still fully encrypted and only their primary dispatched is patched over to VHF for officer safety reasons.

ETA on fixing the problem is 6-12 months.

kma371

QRT
Were the Corona TGs ever identified by anyone? I realize they are encrypted and that may be difficult to do. Possible by radio IDs?

951ryan

Feed Provider
Were the Corona TGs ever identified by anyone? I realize they are encrypted and that may be difficult to do. Possible by radio IDs?

Talkgroup Names Talkgroup ID
CPD PRI 80000500
CPD TAC 80000501
CPD INQ 80000502
CPD C/C 80000503
CPD VNI 80000504
CPD DET 80000505
CPD FLEX 80000506
CPD EVNT1 80000507
CPD EVNT2 80000508
CPD SWAT 80000509

kma371

QRT
Talkgroup Names Talkgroup ID
CPD PRI 80000500
CPD TAC 80000501
CPD INQ 80000502
CPD C/C 80000503
CPD VNI 80000504
CPD DET 80000505
CPD FLEX 80000506
CPD EVNT1 80000507
CPD EVNT2 80000508
CPD SWAT 80000509

Can you please define the acronyms?
C/C, VNI, FLEX

Folks if you have info like this, please share and submit! It only makes the DB better. Some info is better than no info.

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
C/C, VNI, FLEX

Folks if you have info like this, please share and submit! It only makes the DB better. Some info is better than no info.

The database is showing wrong for Corona PD. They are showing P25 D as they should be showing DE. No agency on this system will be in the clear as you probably already know

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7001

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
C/C, VNI, FLEX

C/C - Car to Car
FLEX - Community Oriented Policing team/Warrants/Parole&Probation
VNI - Vice/Narcotics Investigations

951ryan

Feed Provider
Update: PD is still doing site surveys and coverage prediction maps to see if installing a repeater at Grape Hill will resolve the coverage issues over the McKinley area however the current site is at 100% capacity so their trying to work out the details. If they have to build a new site we are looking at 1-3 year build & implementation time.

de310091d38fa32281ace83a0d06e0c3.png

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
I think this is interesting information to know but not sure if these people that are chain emailing back and forth are knowing or if they want their email communication posted on some forum or thread for the world to visit and read. Might be good if this posting can be taken down or deleted.

Why not just give a bit of information not including names and phone numbers and email address.

People please think before posting. It's all about doing the right thing.

951ryan

Feed Provider
I think this is interesting information to know but not sure if these people that are chain emailing back and forth are knowing or if they want their email communication posted on some forum or thread for the world to visit and read. Might be good if this posting can be taken down or deleted.

Why not just give a bit of information not including names and phone numbers and email address.

People please think before posting. It's all about doing the right thing.

I went back and blurred out all the emails and phone numbers for privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.