El Paso Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had a client call trying to hear the El Paso police and fire traffic. According to the database they should be on the P25 regional system. It does not indicate that the system has been rebanded and still references the old ProVoice system.

Is there someone in the area that can tell us if (A) the system has indeed rebanded the 800 parts and (B) if this system is still in use?

If it has rebanded then we need to get the database updated.

Thanks!

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
EDACS Gone

I had a client call trying to hear the El Paso police and fire traffic. According to the database they should be on the P25 regional system. It does not indicate that the system has been rebanded and still references the old ProVoice system.

Is there someone in the area that can tell us if (A) the system has indeed rebanded the 800 parts and (B) if this system is still in use?

If it has rebanded then we need to get the database updated.

Thanks!

I was quite surprised to see that EP was no longer using their old EDACS. Here is what I found:
El Paso Regional Communications System Trunking System, El Paso, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

nd5y

The database appears to be missing some sites/frequencies for the new system and one site even appears to be fake image frequencies.

nd5y

Has the Regional system rebanded the 800 MHz. channels (866 to 851 etc.)?
They still have temporary STA licenses for the 866-869 band and other licenses in the 856-861 band that aren't subject to rebanding.

Also some licenses for VHF trunked sites that aren't in the db.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
The VHF frequencies used by law enforcement, El Paso County Sheriff's Office are encrypted. SO talkgroups are in 7001-7010 range. County Fire Dispatch is 7051 and Fireground is 7052 and is in the clear.
I've noticed over the last several months that some of the talkgroups used by the county system actually appears on the El Paso City system.

SCPD

QRT
I was quite surprised to see that EP was no longer using their old EDACS. Here is what I found:
El Paso Regional Communications System Trunking System, El Paso, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

The system needs to be searched and updated as said sites and other things are missing.

The pro voice did get minor use back in day but was abandoned when they mainly stuck with type II analog. Some used it during security events at the Don Haskins or other duties.

Many in know are tied to add any thing due to non disclosure with their job. While it can be easily found information it is part of the non disclosure with job duties.

There is a few here who work on the El Paso system but remain silent and laid back due to information being given in any form. It is a sensitive issue to be asked since it is part of NDA in work duties.

Patching systems, frequencies is very familiar to their communications center personnel.

Nomore1007

Feed Provider
Same frequencies, but it's all p25. No simulcast. 866mhz is the control if I remember right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.