Problems with NXDN/IDAS voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

Hi I am trying to listen to an IDAS system
Your audio appears to be from subscriber radios, not a repeater, iDAS or otherwise.

that my local surf lifesaving uses and while listening to it through DSD the audio is very unreadable
Well, I can understand it, despite what appear to be Aussie accents. Signal quality is very good and decoding is also good with very few errors. Don't know about the bad audio parts. Without knowing more, I'd tend to blame the radio users. The comms with no voice sound like someone sitting on their mic or something.

sandman20

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. I should of given you a bit more information. The signal that I am receiving is a repeater that is IP linked to the comms center 1093 miles away and that is the comms operator talking. Not sure if this helps but this is some information about the network https://www.criticalcomms.com.au/co...nd-39-s-radio-system-1026737520#axzz5At5oDaAA here is a audio clip of what the output sound like https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yUSCTZ8FZBlNmavsmB2JBCsTY_3smlJy/view?usp=sharing

The dsd switches that I am using are -fn -ds74 -dd66 -dv16.

slicerwizard

Thank you for the reply. I should of given you a bit more information. The signal that I am receiving is a repeater that is IP linked to the comms center 1093 miles away and that is the comms operator talking.
It would be nice to hear what those comms sound like with a real NXDN radio. I suspect that the system is having issues.

The dsd switches that I am using are -fn -ds74 -dd66 -dv16.
That signal is near-perfect. Tuning has no significant effect on the decoding score or the synthesized audio.

sandman20

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again for replying. I just did the NXDN upgrade on my BCD436HP and it sounds a tiny bit better but still bad. I might go for a drive tomorrow and try 2 of the other repeaters that are also linked. Tell you the truth I think they have a bad setup.

sandman20

Premium Subscriber
The example audio that you are hearing are from the comms center useing a DX-Altus dispatch console so I don't think plastic waterproof bags are the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.