• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Amplified Charger not Playing Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

I have a G5 VHF/800 Pager. I noticed once I get a Fire Page, I have to go into Mbox and into the menu to play the audio of the call received. I noticed on the Amplified Charger, there is a Play button, Every time I get a page and I push the "Play" button on the Amplified Charger nothing happens? I have to go into Mbox menu and get the audio for the page to be heard. Is there a setting somewhere to make the "Play" button on the Amplified Charger to play the audio of the page?

Thanks

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I have a G5 VHF/800 Pager. I noticed once I get a Fire Page, I have to go into Mbox and into the menu to play the audio of the call received. I noticed on the Amplified Charger, there is a Play button, Every time I get a page and I push the "Play" button on the Amplified Charger nothing happens? I have to go into Mbox menu and get the audio for the page to be heard. Is there a setting somewhere to make the "Play" button on the Amplified Charger to play the audio of the page?

Thanks

Go to D5 in PPS. Check each knob position "knob - function setting", down to "alert mode" and make sure it's set to "tone" rather than "silent".

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Amp/Charger- Not playing calls

Check everything they recommended AND the "RELAY" category for the thing you have the pager set to monitor. That is directly related to the AMP-Charger and hearing things while in the charger.

kmh603

I Checked and I do have " On Duty" selected.
I have "Tone" selected in D>5 and not on silent
I checked "relay" in monitor Mode and it is checked?

Not sure what else I can do to make it "play" on the Amplified Charger?

Thanks

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Amp Charger not playing Calls

At this point? it would be best if you posted your PPS setup in here. You could use PeaZip from filehippo.com to post a zipfile for this forum or whatever zip program you might have. This way folks can review it to look for things that might help. Just going by description isn't going to help since we can't see it. What "play" button on the Charger do you mean? I know there is a reset button only on mine. Only other thing I can think of is
enabling PUSH to listen for that thing you're monitoring in the PPS
Push to Listen - HELP section on the right*
Definition
When Function Mode is set as Selective Call or Silent Scan Mode and the pager receives messages, Gx pager will alert, to broadcast voice message by pressing RESET KEY.

Options
1. No: disable
2. Yes: enable

Last edited by a moderator:

kmh603

I thought the " Reset" button could also Play the pages? anyways I tried to upload my .pps file after I zip it and this feature says my zip file is 917.1 kb and I can upload 197.3 kb max, so I tried peazip, followed the instructions, used that program and pea-zipped the file and this upload feature says the file invalid?

Is any one is interested in looking at the file here is my email address, email me and I will send it to you.

hawkredtail@protonmail.com

Thank You

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
I thought the " Reset" button could also Play the pages? anyways I tried to upload my .pps file after I zip it and this feature says my zip file is 917.1 kb and I can upload 197.3 kb max, so I tried peazip, followed the instructions, used that program and pea-zipped the file and this upload feature says the file invalid?

Is any one is interested in looking at the file here is my email address, email me and I will send it to you.

hawkredtail@protonmail.com

Thank You

The reset button on the amplified charger will NOT replay your voice recorded messages from your pager.

The rest button just resets the relay in the amplified Charger. The relay is only used for the output ports on the back of the charger.

Any replay of recorded alerts will have to be done with the small button on the top of the selector knob of the pager itself or the can be replayed by selecting them individually in the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.