NXDN Support for ARC536PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Will this be in the works now seeing as there's an update coming for NXDN with the 436?

I really don't ever use Sentinel other then for firmware updates. I do all my programming in ARC536PRO.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I would expect so, but it might not be immediate. I also use ARC536PRO for most of my programming and hope that Butel upgrades ARC536.

I don't *think* it will be overly complex, but I'm not a developer.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
AFAIK there is no such update yet, at least officially. When/If that ever happen, everyone that writes software has to see what the firmware commands will be before any coding can ever start.

As my Italian Godfather (yes, that kind of Godfather) told me, 'Pazienza' (Patience)

Mike

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how that works as far as release of commands and such. Do software developers get the opportunity to see the codes before hand if they sign an NDA? If so, they might have a head start on writing the update.

I don't remember it taking very long at all when DMR was released.

the key isnt out yet, im sure Gommert is aware

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how that works as far as release of commands and such. Do software developers get the opportunity to see the codes before hand if they sign an NDA? If so, they might have a head start on writing the update.

I don't remember it taking very long at all when DMR was released.

Key is out now I’m already upgraded

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Great. But has there been any other improvements or updates in the software other then just the NXDN update?

I shall download this after and give it a whirl to see how well it goes.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk
-----------------------
Uniden 436HP/VHF/UHF NMO Ground Plane Base Antenna
Anytone 6666/Sirio Tornado 27 Antenna
President Grant II/K40 Magnet Antenna
TRC-465 - Spare

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Look more like the supporting links are there but it doesn't actually download anything at this time. :(

Thanks. I see it also has limited support for the SDS100. That answers that question.

I just can't get the new version to download right now. Must be the demand for the new software. I'll just keep trying.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It just downloaded, but you have to go in through the ARC536 page, and not directly from the download page. If you do the latter, it will download the old version. At least it did for me.

Look more like the supporting links are there but it doesn't actually download anything at this time. :(

ve3zo

I have the NXDN upgrade for ARC 536 pro however it seems that a DEPT is unable to be added to an NXDN system i created manually.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You can do it by going to "FIle", "Add" and then selecting "New Department" from the drop down. You can't do it from an existing Department window. I expect that's one of the beta things that Gommert will fix as they are reported.

I was able to download two systems from my scanner. I'm now working on fixing a couple of errors I made when programming by hand and adding a few more sites. I'll see how that works and how the upload works in a bit.

I have the NXDN upgrade for ARC 536 pro however it seems that a DEPT is unable to be added to an NXDN system i created manually.

GROL

It just downloaded, but you have to go in through the ARC536 page, and not directly from the download page. If you do the latter, it will download the old version. At least it did for me.

I have tried to find the correct ARC536 page to get ver 2.1, but have not found it so far. Can you help with a URL, or some other directions? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.