536 HP Safety Concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I received an email today from Amazon indicating that they are removing all listings for the Uniden 536HP due to "safety concerns" and advised that they will not allow future listings of that product.

They do not elaborate as to basis for these concerns. I search of Amazon for the 536 shows no listings at all.
There are listings for the 436.

Is there something about the scanner we should be concerned about? Will it go on fire? Cause electrical shock? Invite aliens from another galaxy?

Anyone have any info on this? In light of the new whiz bang unit coming out soon, it would be nice to know about remaining issues in their former "flagship" scanner, some 4 years later.....

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I received an email today from Amazon indicating that they are removing all listings for the Uniden 536HP due to "safety concerns" and advised that they will not allow future listings of that product.

They do not elaborate as to basis for these concerns. I search of Amazon for the 536 shows no listings at all.
There are listings for the 436.

Is there something about the scanner we should be concerned about? Will it go on fire? Cause electrical shock? Invite aliens from another galaxy?

Anyone have any info on this? In light of the new whiz bang unit coming out soon, it would be nice to know about remaining issues in their former "flagship" scanner, some 4 years later.....

Bezos & Co are off their rocker.

m

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Eyebrow raised. Google search just showed a couple of links to Amazon.ca and Amazon.com for me - oddly enough, the .ca listing was 404 and the .com listing was there (but it was sold by a third party).

I'm at a loss as to what safety concerns there might be, unless it's a ridiculous thing like WiFi signals have been known to cause tinfoil hat wearers to get even more crazy or something like that.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm at a loss as to what safety concerns there might be, unless it's a ridiculous thing like WiFi signals have been known to cause tinfoil hat wearers to get even more crazy or something like that.

Or they were convinced it's an "Officer safety issue".

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
All my Amazon 536 links are gone or show "This title is no longer available", and search finds zero results for the 536.

Amazon has disappeared the 536.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Probably got re-listed under "Waffle Makers"

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't sure if it was permitted or I would have posted the email I received.

If I were Uniden I would be very concerned that the number one online retailer has banned one of their products.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Odd, all I get is the 436, nothing for the 536.
41e6be242b140841984331b0ac3b1570.jpg

Sent in a complex code of 0s and 1s, using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
There are 17 available from NETCNA on Amazon for $697 01, and numerous listings from Uniden.

Can you post a link to a Uniden Listing for a BCD536HP on Amazon? Not coming up in an Amazon search here.

I_am_Alpha1

It's the website...UPMan's link shows "currently unavailable" but when I did a site-wide search it shows the seller has 17.

Jake68111

My first thoughts upon reading this.......

I've heard that people who order these off of Amazon have been getting a completely different model than what was ordered in 436 / 536 packaging. Could it be that that they mean "safety" as in purchasing safety? Unless they hire folks knowledgeable in the field of "radios" I'm pretty sure that too many of these incidents could cause an issue that they, Amazon, would eventually get tired of.

Yeah? No? Just my first thought when I saw the OP.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Both of the provided Amazon links were $629+. The last I checked, I believe they were ~ $489. Wow...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Also seems strange that any of the few links posted in this thread to active BCD536HP listings that still show up on Amazon....

They all seem to have no questions asked, and no reviews when you scroll down on the listing page.

Status
Not open for further replies.