Newark NJ PD 6th Precinct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
newark police opening the 6th police precinct in vailsburg. ...anyone know the new configuration of radio channels based on this change?

So far i have heard the majority of their radio traffic on NPD Channel 7 which was used for Districts 1/2 & 4 Records checks. (460.2250 PL 192.8). Newark will be adding a 7th Precinct as well in the future, unknown timing on when it opens but it will be in the North. They will be splitting the 2nd Precinct into the 2nd & 7th Precincts.

I have also heard some 6th precinct unit traffic on NPD Citywide.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
This info is not concrete yet but from what I am getting it's looking like the 6th Pct will be using channel 6 as it's primary and when the 7th Pct comes they will be using channel 7. That would leave channel 8 for the secondary, record checks and etc. I have heard rumors about a channel 9 but that I don't know about. As far as identifiers go, no different from now, 603 would be the tour Sergeant and 611 would be 6th Pct sector 11. So 611A would be 6th Pct sector 11 single officer patrol as where 614AW would be 6th Pct sector 14 single walking unit. If you've noticed, since the last academy class that graduated from the NJSP academy Newark put through, there are a lot of "tango" units, those are all police officer's in training. So when you hear 612 tango, you'll know 6th Pct sector 12 training unit. Same will apply to the 7th Pct once it goes live. From what I know the 6th Pct won't go official unitl on or around April 16.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
The 6th Pct went "live" today. As of now, they are operating on Channel 4 (4th Pct West Dist.) which makes sense being they split the 4th in half. As expected, 6th Pct units are in the "600" series as far as radio ID's. I wonder if the special units like Crime Scene and DB units will wind up using new identifiers now... Time will tell, now we wait for the 7th Pct to open but not sure when that is taking place.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Updated Radio ID's

Since the 6th Pct went live earlier in April, I have noticed some changes for radio ID's for those who are interested in monitoring NPD. The Detectives and Crime Scene units were in the 600 series but now with the 6th Pct operable I've noticed the "Delta" series units. So these units would now be the Detectives, Crime Scene units, Major Crimes units, and SRT aka Shooting Response Team units. With the nicer weather and the recent academy class you'll also be hearing "2**Foxtrot Bravo" which would translate to 2nd Pct/sector/foot post two man unit.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Since the 6th Pct went live earlier in April, I have noticed some changes for radio ID's for those who are interested in monitoring NPD. The Detectives and Crime Scene units were in the 600 series but now with the 6th Pct operable I've noticed the "Delta" series units. So these units would now be the Detectives, Crime Scene units, Major Crimes units, and SRT aka Shooting Response Team units. With the nicer weather and the recent academy class you'll also be hearing "2**Foxtrot Bravo" which would translate to 2nd Pct/sector/foot post two man unit.

Here's a question that the news articles and such didn't fill-in the blanks on. With the new Precincts being opened (6th now, 7th eventually), is there any increase in manpower to make a real difference or is it just moving forces around in a polished appearances shell game?

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
Here's a question that the news articles and such didn't fill-in the blanks on. With the new Precincts being opened (6th now, 7th eventually), is there any increase in manpower to make a real difference or is it just moving forces around in a polished appearances shell game?

From my sources in Newark apparently there will be a hiring increase with the opening of the 7th precinct which will be part of the current 2nd precinct. I am unsure of the number of new officers that will be hired but i was told they will be increasing the manpower pool.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
700 meg system

Is Newark planning to move from the UHF 460’s to the 700 statewide radio system?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Is Newark planning to move from the UHF 460’s to the 700 statewide radio system?

The entire city is *allegedly* supposed to go to their own P25 trunked system. Still in the planning phase last I heard after the license was granted. Been several months since I heard anything. And since someone is inevitably going to ask, no clue on NPD being secure.

Last edited:

AC2OY

Newark does need more cops so that’s very good news and that’s all I’m going to
Say on that topic. Question I noticed that channel 8 & 9 are the exact same frequency but different PL tones,will a scanner monitor both automatically or do I have to program it to?

W2SJW

Database Admin
The entire city is *allegedly* supposed to go to their own P25 trunked system. Still in the planning phase last I heard after the license was granted. Been several months since I heard anything. And since someone is inevitably going to ask, no clue on NPD being secure.

That is correct. They are on slow-growth status. Infrastructure starting early 2020, user migration starting early 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.