Trenton City NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

Looks like the new Trenton City NEXEDGE system is now in the DB (much thanks to Ken for doing a wonderful job on setting it up from scratch!).

Seeing the system even includes city services, what's up now with the Motorola legacy system?

Can anyone in Mercer County confirm if any part of that is still active, or does it need to be depreciated?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Trenton City NXDN (Freehold Site)

Thanks Scott, Just on another note to this system. According to the license data they also have a site in Freehold, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
The system is run by a "Commercial" company. It just may be this company services other clients in the Freehold area. However it would be interesting to see if any of the Trenton units or Talk Groups can affiliate to the Freehold Site?:roll: See license data for freq information (Loc # 7 Mostly 452 MHz freqs) LINK

elias1988

Feed Provider
Freehold site is only 2 frequencies,I don’t have the NXDN upgrade yet but I’ll program it in.

jetskiman98

The former 800mhz VSELP system is defunct. The control channels haven’t had any activity in a while. I’ve been listening to the NXDN system for about a year now and even though it is a commercial system, there’s no sign of any one else using it. The broadcasted aliases made figuring out talk groups a breeze. The license holder (MPS Communications) has a ton of other licenses for other users at the same tower site, the former WZBN-TV in Hamilton on E. State St. Ext.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
RR DB Updated

The former 800mhz VSELP system is defunct. The control channels haven’t had any activity in a while. I’ve been listening to the NXDN system for about a year now and even though it is a commercial system, there’s no sign of any one else using it. The broadcasted aliases made figuring out talk groups a breeze. The license holder (MPS Communications) has a ton of other licenses for other users at the same tower site, the former WZBN-TV in Hamilton on E. State St. Ext.

Jetskiman98, Thanks for the update and the great NXDN submission. The 800 MHz system has now been marked Depreciated in DB.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks

this system has been known for quite some time, but was kept "private" by a few members who were not willing to share it on here. thank you to jetskiman88 for doing the right thing.

Amen! More members should take a page from his book.
Thank you to all the contributors.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Those of you who think you should keep certain systems a secret for your own personal gain or selfish
listening pleasure should get off this site... Radio reference is all about sharing... If you don't believe in the concept of this site then get off and resign.

phillydjdan

When there is a post on this site directly threatening to encrypt a system because it was being discussed on this site then yes, it is your fault. If you notice, once I and a couple others shut up about it the issue went away. We've been listening for 2 years now. And I never said I wanted it to be soley me listening. Anyone who asked in private would have been given the info. I just wanted to keep it off the database so the NXDN system tech didnt get provoked to encypt like he said. But it is what it is. I cant keep people from telling the world everything just cuz they know it. God forbid someone use discretion.

jetskiman98

If privacy was a concern then the system designer and those in charge of purchasing should have started with encryption and not relied on a newer technology that was at the time close be being figured out. Now that there are commercial scanners on the market that can track and listen to NXDN anyone can have the ability to listen. The only surefire method to keeping broadcasted conversations private is to use encryption. Otherwise use a different technology. I highly doubt a government entity that didn’t spring for the added cost of encryption when setting up the system will suddenly spend tax money because of a website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mule1075

Feed Provider
I highly doubt a government entity that didn’t spring for the added cost of encryption when setting up the system will suddenly spend tax money because of a website.

More than likely the system is already capable so no extra money will be spent. If the system administrator already threatened to do so you're listening days are numbered. And if it does happen the only one you can blame is well you know who.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Oh, we are sorry for posting information that is publicly available on the FCC website.

What amazes me more is the people that are complaining that their little secret is out are the same people that come on this site and ask questions about other systems. Maybe we should all keep that information to ourselves.

And lastly, to the company who owns the system...I bet your sales people sold it to Trenton with the “no scanner is capable of monitoring you” caveat, it’s not that hard to figure things out.

I applaud the people who come here and share for the benefit of others.

Everyone is now crying ENC. Give me a break. They could have simply gone to NJICS and encrypt from day one like others have been doing. The reason why the company that owns the system is complaining is because they are afraid they are going to lose a customer who pays monthly rent to use the system. Bottom line.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
This was not the first time something like this happened.

A few years ago someone posted the entire Philadelphia police special unit talk group info on RR after credible sources told me that the commanders were very upset and would strap encrypt if they were not removed. Make no mistake, the commanders and radio admins regularly watch this site.

I tried in vain to have them removed and even emailed Lindsay. However RR policy is not to remove the info. So within 6 months every special unit talk group (except a few inter-ops ones) were strapped encrypted.

From what I gather, most agencies really don't act (or really care) if a small number of radio monitors know the information, but once the info gets posted in an open forum that the world can access, then that is a different story. It's all about perception, plain and simple.

So the moral of the story is once the cat is out of the bag, there is nothing that can be done. Enjoy the system while it lasts.

When there is a post on this site directly threatening to encrypt a system because it was being discussed on this site then yes, it is your fault. If you notice, once I and a couple others shut up about it the issue went away. We've been listening for 2 years now. And I never said I wanted it to be soley me listening. Anyone who asked in private would have been given the info. I just wanted to keep it off the database so the NXDN system tech didnt get provoked to encypt like he said. But it is what it is. I cant keep people from telling the world everything just cuz they know it. God forbid someone use discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.