Ottawa County Broadcastify Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone know how to contact the provider of the Ottawa County Broadcastify feed? My scanner is quiet and in fact all the control channels are quiet, but the feed is active with traffic.

I looked at Broadcastify and couldn't find a way to contact the feed provider.

Thanks

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
What scanner are you using? Is it programmed right? Don't know who the feed provider is, but I live in the east end of the county and have no problem hearing it.

jasonhouk

Would anyone know how to contact the provider of the Ottawa County Broadcastify feed? My scanner is quiet and in fact all the control channels are quiet, but the feed is active with traffic.

I looked at Broadcastify and couldn't find a way to contact the feed provider.

Thanks
Broadcastify had the following link for the feed provider:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/user/?uid=135505

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I have a camper on Catawba. I programmed in all of control channels in my Unication G5. All I get is it's out of range.

I then took my analog scanner and listened to each of the listed control channels. No "digital noise" at on any of them.

I looked in the FCC database and there are additional channels listed for Ottawa County for their trunked system. Maybe they are control channels as well?

Can you let me know what control channels you have programmed? I'm trying to listen to the trunked system. Am I listening to the wrong system and they are still on UHF?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I have a camper on Catawba. I programmed in all of control channels in my Unication G5. All I get is it's out of range.

I then took my analog scanner and listened to each of the listed control channels. No "digital noise" at on any of them.

I looked in the FCC database and there are additional channels listed for Ottawa County for their trunked system. Maybe they are control channels as well?

Can you let me know what control channels you have programmed? I'm trying to listen to the trunked system. Am I listening to the wrong system and they are still on UHF?

I have all the frequencies programmed as listed in the database.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5133
Make sure you program the Ottawa County Site. Every frequency is listed as a control channel so make sure all are programmed. Ottawa County was never on UHF. Before the P25 system they were on an EDACS system since the late 80's early 90's. Before that they were on VHF-Lo

jasonhouk

Has your pager been updated for Phase2?

Houk

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
Is Ottawa County Phase II? The RR site says "The City of Parma and Ottawa County share the same controller on this P25 Phase 1 system."

But to answer your question, my scanner can only do Phase I. I would think I would hear some noise and get some signal on an analog scanner, wouldn't I?

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
5 frequencies needed 854.2125, 854.3625, 855.3875, 855.5375, 856.0875 all phase 1.
If you are programming from the RR data base I believe there's an error. I got my G5 back in May of 2017 and had a B***H of a time with Ottawa County. If I remem
ber right change the SysID from 018 to 024....my diagnistics on my G5 shows 024 and not 018.

jasonhouk

Is Ottawa County Phase II? The RR site says "The City of Parma and Ottawa County share the same controller on this P25 Phase 1 system."

But to answer your question, my scanner can only do Phase I. I would think I would hear some noise and get some signal on an analog scanner, wouldn't I?
No clue if you'd hear digital noise on a CC from an analog.

Ottawa is System Type:project 25 Phase II

Houk

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
Yes. In the data base some places states Phase 2 others Phase 1 but Ottawa County is Phase 1. From the DB:

The City of Parma and Ottawa County share the same controller on this P25 Phase 1 system.

budevans

For Ottawa County, yes. The radios they use are not even phase II compatible. I cannot answer for Parma or Medina County.

Parma is Phase I.

Regarding Medina, I believe it's also only Phase I. I haven't seen any reports of Phase II traffic being monitored.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I managed to grab a screenshot of a PhaseII transmission. Note the PT0 in the upper corner, indicating a slot 0 transmission.

Attachments

• MedinaPhaseII.png
    MedinaPhaseII.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 141

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the update about the CC channels I use a xts 5000 and last summer i would hear only parts of the traffic from there system on my XTS 5000. I will program them into my XTS and see if that helps it out

Status
Not open for further replies.