BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Any chance that NXDN will be coming for BCD996P2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
BCD996P2

I have several BCD996P2 Scanners, they were upgraded last year for DMR and work well. I am hoping that now Uniden has finally gotten around to releasing NXDN, that they will do so with these tanks here. Whats the word?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You''ll know if/when Upman announces it, just like the rest of us. You can ask him, but don't expect an immediate answer.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to the proper forum. Please pay more attention to where you're posting. Thanks.

Voyager

I heard there may not be enough memory in the unit to support it. I don't think that was from an official statement by UPMan.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to add to this even if we get no more *major* updates to this model I'd like to at least possibly see the P25/Harris patch following that was just added to the x36Hp line added to this one. It would certainly compliment this line well since it's still a good product for P25 and DMR stuff.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings....

I am just checking to see if there is any word as to whether NXDN trunking may come via software upgrade to this fine radio that I purchased only a few months ago? I would hate to have to re-sell it to purchase a 536 and then purchase a DMR and NXDN update.

Tim

rs16

Premium Subscriber
I'm also wondering the same thing about NXDN for the 996P2 and 325P2. Hopefully, UPMAN can fill us in soon.

The 996 seems like a great radio and I'm really thinking about getting one soon.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I heard there may not be enough memory in the unit to support it. I don't think that was from an official statement by UPMan.
Well how about letting us choose then, theres many of us that dont have need for provoice. Hopefully we can substitue provoice for NXDN in the future if it only has enough memory two extra digital formats. I would gladly take DMR and NXDN over DMR and PV.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Why no word yet on NXDN for the 996P2 / 325P2? Just to let us know either way.

killerv

I too would like to know IF the BCD996P2 is capable of getting an upgrade for NXDN.
Not when. But If. I check this place multiple times a day hoping for word on it.

What you, and many others here seem to be missing, is that this is an Internet "discussion" forum. We are discussing this topic which is listed on the title of this thread.
So please, no more "I don't get why you people can't just wait until.........blah blah blah, so stop talking about a scanner on a scanner forum, hurr durr."
So people will be discussing "If and and when" this scanner will be updated till it happens, or until they say it cannot be updated.

This reminds me of the rumored SDS100 leaks.
there were tons of folks sayin "Oh this is just rumor, no official word, it's not real so just stop talking about it". And look at that! It was real.

Sorry but I had to rant after seeing all that go down.

As always I don't know why it has to be repeated time and time again. When and if they know we will be notified.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
What you, and many others here seem to be missing, is that this is an Internet "discussion" forum. We are discussing this topic which is listed on the title of this thread.
So please, no more "I don't get why you people can't just wait until.........blah blah blah, so stop talking about a scanner on a scanner forum, hurr durr."
So people will be discussing "If and and when" this scanner will be updated till it happens, or until they say it cannot be updated.

The fatal flaw here is that a lot of you mistake "repeating the same thing over and over again" for "discussion".

Person 1: "When will xyz come out?"
Person 2, 3, 4: "We don't know. Only UPMan knows, and he'll only announce it when it's ready."
Person 5: "Yeah, but when will it come out?"

That's not discussion.

killerv

The fatal flaw here is that a lot of you mistake "repeating the same thing over and over again" for "discussion".

Person 1: "When will xyz come out?"
Person 2, 3, 4: "We don't know. Only UPMan knows, and he'll only announce it when it's ready."
Person 5: "Yeah, but when will it come out?"

That's not discussion.

Not to sound blunt, but "Deal with it"! It is what it is. It won't end no matter how many times the scolding is repeated.
This is an Internet discussion forum discussing scanners. Things will be repeated. People won't go through 100's of posts to find the exact same question they want to ask or talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.