City of Newburgh Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernie2249

NYCOMCO EDACS Dutchess, Orange,Ulster Public Service

Under the NYCOMCO EDACS System I found Newburgh City Police, Town Police and Town Services but no listing for City Fire ? Could they be with the Orange County Fire Services listing and not on their own ?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Last I knew City of Newburgh fire was on VHF, The frequencies are no longer listed in the DB for some reason..... But ernie is right, there is nothing for Newburgh Fire under the edacs page

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I just went back and doubled checked, Ernie, go back to the DB under orange county and scroll all the way towards the bottom and look under Battalion 3

KC2zZe

The information shown in the database is somewhat inaccurate in that the frequencies shown are not in their radios as listed (Ch. 1, Ch. 2, etc.). A better way to show them in your scanner would be:

154.340 (203.5) Newburgh Fire
154.415 (203.5) Fireground 2
154.385 (203.5) Fireground 3
154.070 (203.5) Fireground 4
153.980 (107.2) Public Works

To make sure you're all set, monitor Marine channels 6, 13, 16, and 22 for fireboat traffic and the county's Fire Page channel (154.205, 123.0) for any mutual aid dispatches.

While we're on the subject of Newburgh Fire, I saw that they modified WNSG278 to add 151.4075, MO3. Can anyone closer determine a) if they are using the frequency, and if so with what tone; and b) what are they extending to (Orange 9-1-1 via low band??).

Last edited:

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Also a possibility - Pyramid makes an in-band vehicle repeater, which can receive a VHF portable and re-transmit over a VHF mobile (they also make them for UHF and 800 MHz I believe). It could be they are looking to extend VHF portable radio coverage.

Just a possibility...

D

DaveNF2G

AFAIK, there is not much fire activity on the NYCOMCO EDACS system anywhere. Is this still a valid impression?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
AFAIK, there is not much fire activity on the NYCOMCO EDACS system anywhere. Is this still a valid impression?

The only Fire Dept that I know of that uses EDACS for normal operations is, City of Kingston. They still maintain a VHF frequency for paging.

mrosen922

Also check 166.250 as they use to do dispatches off of that as well, we have it set to our scanner at the firehouse to monitor them but we also have 154.340 as well because sometimes one is weaker then the other.

Also with the Mobile Repeater, Orange County Fire Departments now operate on the County 16 Channel UHF Fire Plan and that plan has two channels that they should be operating on for fires but they may not who knows but it is called OC City Fireground and OC City Command and since Newburgh mainly uses VHF for there dispatches it is most likely a mobile repeater to crosspatch VHF portable radios to UHF so they can utilize the UHF 16 Channel County Plan. There are others that use to operate on VHF for operations and firegrounds within the county prior to them making the 16 channel plan but i believe majority of those departments who had VHF did away with VHF.

mrosen922

Oh also County Fire Coordinators use the NYCOMCO 800mhz EDAC System to communicate with Orange County 911 as well as the other County Emergency Services such as Haz Mat and Special Operation Teams.

Middlehope also besides talking to there own department and county also uses the system for Fireground as well which is beyond crazy.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Newburgh gets $250K to replace firefighter radios
Newburgh gets $250K to replace firefighter radios - News - recordonline.com - Middletown, NY
(Via RecordOnline)

From what I’ve heard from people on the scene, Newburgh stayed on their VHF repeater channel (which they use for everything including fire ground) while they were mutual aid in Vails Gate. When the stuff hit the fan, the trapped firefighter couldn’t be heard from units outside because he couldn’t hit his repeater back in Newburgh from inside the building, and because everyone else was on Fireground A (where they should be).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC1

Why would you depend on a repeater at a fire scene? Your radio signal has to make it miles to the repeater site, but if you are in a bad spot then you are out of luck.

Simplex is the only way to go as far as I am concerned, There will be a dozen or more people only yards away with radios that can receive a direct signal. If 5 people can't hear someone, then chances are that the other 7 probably can and the communication can be relayed.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I’m wondering if the will start using the UHF City Fireground in the County Radio Plan once they get the radios in service. Based on the price, it appears to be UHF single band only. If that’s the case, will they upgrade their VHF Dispatch/Ops repeater to UHF ? Lots of decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
60 Radios at $250K doesn't sound like APX8000s so they are APX6000s single banders.
I wonder if Newburgh has plans to move to the 700/800 county system once that comes online.

Status
Not open for further replies.