Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix805

I made a post about Uniden's new scanner coming out. It's been viewed 500+ times and there has never been a reply. That's fine by me, but it is surprising. Then I noticed the thread is 'locked'. I can only assume that's the reason there are no follow up posts. My questions are how and why do you lock a thread, and might it be something I did unintentionally, or perhaps the moderator didn't like it and locked it? I'm not upset, just curious as to what might have happened! Thanks

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
This question might be better asked in the Site Administration->Forums Administration forum. I am not a Forum Moderator, only a DB Admin, but I’m guessing it was locked as it was not a topic specific to Arizona Radio Monitoring and there is already another thread dedicated to new radio.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I didn't close it, but I'd agree with the others that it wasn't specific to Arizona and you even linked the existing threads already discussing it.

Phoenix805

I didn't close it, but I'd agree with the others that it wasn't specific to Arizona and you even linked the existing threads already discussing it.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't trying to get a discussion going, just passing on info if anyone was interested, that's why I offered the other links.

Back to hiding in the shadows.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I made a post about Uniden's new scanner coming out. It's been viewed 500+ times and there has never been a reply. That's fine by me, but it is surprising. Then I noticed the thread is 'locked'. I can only assume that's the reason there are no follow up posts. My questions are how and why do you lock a thread, and might it be something I did unintentionally, or perhaps the moderator didn't like it and locked it? I'm not upset, just curious as to what might have happened! Thanks

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists but I locked the thread back on March 22nd because we didn't need yet another Uniden SDS100 thread. Since you provided a link to the main thread, I didn't respond before closing it.

I can see the confusion it caused so next time, I'll make sure to leave a reply. Sorry.

Phoenix805

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists but I locked the thread back on March 22nd because we didn't need yet another Uniden SDS100 thread. Since you provided a link to the main thread, I didn't respond before closing it.

I can see the confusion it caused so next time, I'll make sure to leave a reply. Sorry.

Not a problem, I was just curious as to what happened. Makes sense. You can close this one too if you want to since it's not Arizona scanner related.

Status
Not open for further replies.