nxdn upgrade for 436

Status
Not open for further replies.

penthousedude

Was: OakvilleCub
hello, I have a 436 portable and I want to upgrade the ndxn flashware, But My comport does not work on the
radio. I usually have to take the card out to program it - Is is possible to download the upgrade on the card and
flash the prom from the card in the scanner?

bye

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
All you have to do is shut down the scanner, remove the card, copy the firmware .bin file to the \BCDx36HP\firmware folder on the card, reinsert into the scanner, and restart.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Just remember you wil stilll have to purchase a key from Uniden to use NXDN after upgrading the firmware.

Emoney250

I thought I had e mail updates for NXDN. Oh well. So I bought the key needed. I'm trying to update my Sentinel Software so I can continue the process. I've already done DMR so I'm not new at this.

My issue now is with my HughesNet satellite internet, I cannot update the HPDB or firmware. I keep getting a "time out" type error. Someone earlier told me that HughNet does not support some sort of protocol (I forget what he said) and that is why Sentinel won't update.

So if I can't update my Sentinel software, how the heck am I going to put the NXDN into my scanner?

I just uninstalled Sentinel and reinstalled it, that didn't seem to get me the latest version.

HELP!!!!!

mule1075

Feed Provider
I thought I had e mail updates for NXDN. Oh well. So I bought the key needed. I'm trying to update my Sentinel Software so I can continue the process. I've already done DMR so I'm not new at this.

My issue now is with my HughesNet satellite internet, I cannot update the HPDB or firmware. I keep getting a "time out" type error. Someone earlier told me that HughNet does not support some sort of protocol (I forget what he said) and that is why Sentinel won't update.

So if I can't update my Sentinel software, how the heck am I going to put the NXDN into my scanner?

I just uninstalled Sentinel and reinstalled it, that didn't seem to get me the latest version.

HELP!!!!!
You have to program NXDN manually until sentinel is updated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The Sentinel I just RE downloaded says it's 1.07.05. How can I download a FRESH updated Sentinel?
Version 1.07.05 is the current version for the x36HP Sentinel.

An updated version of Sentinel, to allow for NXDN programming, is not out yet. UPMan stated that the new version would be out in 'more than a few weeks, and less than a few months', but nothing more specific than that. As Unforgiven noted, the $30 discounted price for the upgrade will increase to the 'regular' $60 cost once Sentinel is modified.

For now, until Sentinel gets the new version released, you can program manually, or use one of the two third party software packages that have added NXDN compatibility. Both ProScan and ARC536 have been updated; I'm using ProScan.

Status
Not open for further replies.