BCD436HP and Bucks County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystonek9

Hello all. I'm new to this. I've recently purchased a Uniden BCD436HP with the sole intention of listening to police scanner of where I live (Bucks County). I've used the zip service on the scanner, but all I get from Bucks County is Fire Pager. Any help with how to set this up would be great, as i am new to this. Thank you in advamce.

radio3353

The link UPMan gave you is the current Bucks County system. Beware - it is a simulcast system and is very hard to receive with a consumer scanner unless you are in a sweet spot in relation to the system's antennas. I just received a Unication G4 and it receives the Bucks system flawlessly. But, it is not a scanner. Uniden has a new scanner coming out in a few months that should be able to receive the Bucks system. Until then, your rig may not perform. Sorry.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I use my 436 in the car most of the time with a Larsen tri-band antenna on a mag mount. For the most part I do not have significant simulcast issues. Using it as a true hand held depending on my location I do have some minor issues.

I am not sure where in Bucks County you are but I am in the Central Bucks area right between the Buckingham Mountain tower and the Plumsteadville Tower.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Get the Radio reference premium subscription and program through sentinel and the data base. Be sure to select the type of services you want to receive. You will need to select the control channel options and then select the talk groups that you want to listen to.

I have mine set up in several quick key systems for law enforcement in the zone where I live, another for each of the other nearby zones and then a quick key for fire and ems and another for the analog frequencies such as the simulcasts on fire band.

Being in the south end of the county you will need to upload the south system for sure although I am fairly certain the dispatches go out the same north and south. You should also be able to receive Philly from your location. A totally different breed of cat!

PM Me if you still need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.