• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Audio is being muted on my G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

I am not getting any audio on my G4, there is a button side of the radio if I push it the audio comes back but as soon as I release it the audio is muted again. What in the world did I do to screw this up?

mdsxfire

EDBM
I am not getting any audio on my G4, there is a button side of the radio if I push it the audio comes back but as soon as I release it the audio is muted again. What in the world did I do to screw this up?

Turn off push to listen I forgot what tab it’s in I believe when u set up the system and are adding TGs it’s right above there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibby289

Same issue

My G5 is doing the same thing.. I have checked the settings. Push to Listen: "No"
Thanks

lsh1885

Well push to listen is already off so it has to be something else. I am not sure if this means anything but in between the signal strength meter and the battery meter there is a image of a man when I turn the unit on he turns yellow but isn't turning yellow anymore.

Last edited:

gibby289

I figured it out on mine at least.. Hope it helps you. Under main menu scroll down to "function settings. Then scroll to 2. Receive Alert Mode. Select "Tone". That should work. When I first got my G5 it was making a loud alert tone. So I must have turned everything that said "tone" to off.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
There is a thread on it here...but a few firmware versions back, they changed something in CPS and the alert type for each TG in the TG setup page needs to be set to Tone. If I recall that correctly.

gibby289

Glad I could help.. I’m usually the one with all the questions... So standby...LOL

boatbod

There is a thread on it here...but a few firmware versions back, they changed something in CPS and the alert type for each TG in the TG setup page needs to be set to Tone. If I recall that correctly.
Lol I ran in to this exact same issue yesterday. If you set the alert type to "silent" it mutes the audio as well as the alert. Seems like a bug to me.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@boatbod - No, not a "bug" or mistake. They did it as a design change that came along with new PPS controls. It seems like an "inconvenience" but it's not a bug or anything that needs fixing as the others said above. Anyone who had to reprogram 100's of talk-groups from the old PPS? yes, they were bugged.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
I am having an issue similar to this. Could someone look at my codeplug and see if they can find my issue? I can not figure it out for the life of me! All analog channels

Status
Not open for further replies.