TRX-2: Conventional Freq and Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone figured out how to export the coventional frequencies with alpha tags and talk groups from a TRX-2?

I would like to put them into an Excel format so I can have a reference sheet to quickly find what bank a specific department is located in.

I have made a simple printout of the scanlists based on areas, but I would like to have a reference listing whats in each scan list. I don't want to have to do this manually.

Copy doesn't work and there is no "Help" for exporting.

Thanks!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
You can't export... You can pull the data from the radio into EZ Scan but that's as far as you can go....

One of the more glaring deficiencies of EZScan, in my opinion.

W5RGP

You can't export... You can pull the data from the radio into EZ Scan but that's as far as you can go....

Yep that sucks too lol
I built I Big nxdn system in my trx1’s knowing if and when nxdn came for my x36’s I would just export and import

So now i build the system in proscan and or excel so I can then send it to either type radio
Whistler needs to get with the times and atleast give us an export function

Not like it would give away their secrets just export the dang data that I entered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W5RGP

It's kinda like writing the information down on paper vs. entering it into an electronic document from the start.... you can't get the ink off the paper either.... :lol:

Yep lol
I’ve emailed whistler about considering it a major feature request

W5RGP

And just what I thought the answer would be no mention of maybe adding the ability in the future like I asked

HI,

Sorry, you can import into EZScan but can not export from it. Lot of customers create an Excel spreadsheet for there frequencies and import/edit on that.

Thank you,
John
Whistler Scanner Support

troymail

Silent Key
And just what I thought the answer would be no mention of maybe adding the ability in the future like I asked

HI,

Sorry, you can import into EZScan but can not export from it. Lot of customers create an Excel spreadsheet for there frequencies and import/edit on that.

Thank you,
John
Whistler Scanner Support

I'm guessing the support folks are just that - support for existing products. They probably have no real insight into future plans but I'm sure they likely collect comments/suggestions and feed them back to the engineers....

Swipesy

Yep lol
I’ve emailed whistler about considering it a major feature request

If you go back to the early days of when the GRE PSR-800 was released along with EZScan your answer is there on RadioReference. You are wasting your time emailing Whistler.

"There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know". Harry S Truman

Status
Not open for further replies.