LaSalle County

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JOD

Premium Subscriber
What equipment will you be using? I'm on the west side of Aurora and programmed my TRX-1 to receive the county sheriff and hear nothing. But I really didn't expect too.

downsrep

TRX-1 se side of A-town. Have an antenna that I put together years ago from Radio Shack. Picked up Morris fire. When I lived in ne Aurora, I picked up LaSalle County fire at night at times. Also picked up BNSF Mendota sub. Hard to do now.

MikeyC

What are the chances I can pick up LaSalle County in Aurora?

Depends on what you're looking to hear :) The sheriff is on the Clearktalk DMR system. The main site is south of Utica and covers most of the county but coverage is spotty in the northern ends. There's a site in Serena too I believe. Their VHF channel "Primary" (155.7000) has a pretty big signal too but that's not used very often. You might be able to pick up the northeastern fire repeater on 151.4600 for Serena and Sheridan responses.

The individual cities don't have much signal beyond 30 miles or so in my experience but if the atmosphere cooperates ...

There's a nice selection of streams on here from LaSalle County

snowbird

On the subject of LaSalle County. Looking for a scanner that will pick LaSalle county sheriff. Clear talk DMR 491 moto connect plus trbo. It has been suggested to me BCD 436 HD, BCD 325 P2 & Whistler WS 1088. Those are a little out of my price range. Any other suggestions?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
On the subject of LaSalle County. Looking for a scanner that will pick LaSalle county sheriff. Clear talk DMR 491 moto connect plus trbo. It has been suggested to me BCD 436 HD, BCD 325 P2 & Whistler WS 1088. Those are a little out of my price range. Any other suggestions?

Does it have to be a scanner? If you've got a computer that can run everything you can use 2 cheap SDRs and DSD+ to monitor it for about $50. My laptop is a basic PC and it has no problem doing it, and there are tutorials online for how to set it up.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
LaSalle Co IL DMR 491

Yeah, I doubt you can get that signal in Aurora IL as it's an 800mhz DMR system for the Sheriff, only has a 25 mile range, but that's the Utica/Deer Park Tower I used when I was in Streator/Ottawa IL last month. Couldn't get squat for LaSalle Sheriff DMR to the EAST of Ottawa up into Kendall county/Kane county on my WS1080, couldn't even get Streator very well either with the disappointing WS1080. I did hear the Sheriff well over by the I39 corridor from the RT52 exit heading south, all the way to RT17 and over into Marshall CO a bit last 2 years back. I don't know if there's a closer tower for THAT particular System towards Aurora IL. You'd really need a tall Yagi of some kind to even attempt it. Also if co$t is that problem, the SDR USB stuff is the way to go

nick223

Feed Provider

All my scanners are Uniden 996p2 most the time you can find a good price on ebay. Haven't had any issue picking up LasCo Dmr site and TGs

K9JLR

I think it's going to be hard to hear the Deer Park Clear Talk tower from that distance, even with a Yagi, unless you have a higher gain model with some substantial height. However, you should be able to monitor some of the VHF activity, but may need a directional antenna.

nick223

Feed Provider
on their old clear talk they used a serena/sheridan tower too. I see this in the DMR list curious if they use the serena sheridan tower too

023 (17) Sheridan La Salle 00 857.2375 00 860.4875

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/about-rtl-sdr/
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-radio-scanner-tutorial-decoding-digital-voice-p25-with-dsd/

Basically, you use two SDR receivers to do DMR trunking. You run two copies of DSD+: one follows the control channel, the other follows voice channels (which you'll have to populate the list of frequencies for, it can't do that itself). A virtual cable that you have to install uses the control channel data and tells the voice channel receiver what to do. It then gives you the decoded voice (as long as it's not encrypted, which LCSO isn't, obviously). There's a little more to it than that, particularly in the setup, but there's pretty good documentation on how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.