• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Gang,

Perhaps I am not the only one with this issue -- I've noticed lately that I tend to loose all bars, but I am still connected to the tower. When this happens, the transmissions are received, but no audio is heard. They then "pop" back, and all is fine... Could this be a firmware problem? I am currently running: V0.93-0.17K-R02

This is on a simulcast site as well.

I have also noticed, that before the firmware update, when transmissions were received, I could hit the back-button, and then I was able to switch zones. I am no longer able to do so. Is there any updates that would perhaps allow us to change the buttons (blue, red, orange, and white) and perhaps the "voice recording" button to something more useful, such as you can on the Motorola Portables?

Thank you!

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Is it a known problem with that firmware. The bars will drop from full to none but will not go out of range. And then will come back to full bars after another transmission is heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdsxfire

EDBM
G5 phase 2 firmware. Notice on 1 system the bars drop to 0 doesn’t go out of range but I still receive transmissions. I know with cell phones, WiFi signal bars are not completely reliable so who knows.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Forgot to ask you, how are you liking the Phase II performance ? I’m still waiting on Unication so I can update my G5.

Also, at lower volumes does it still have that little hiss ?

mdsxfire

EDBM
missed this post on my phone somehow.
i didnt have the pager pre phase 2 so i have nothing to compare it to, but i think its performing great, from what i can tell no missed/garbles transmissions, nothing is being cut off at the beginning, unless it was stopped on another TG before then landed mid TX. It def does have a hiss at lower volumes which is amplified more on some TG where the voice modulation seems to be lower than other TG, Whether that is due to the operator holding the mic far or just talking low or the system setup? not sure but def not a game changer to me. I know ppl want to see a lockout for encrypted channels so they can open scan an entire system or a hold feature but it is a pager not a scanner. The performance trade off is worth it to me. I will wait for a while if they come out with any firmware updates as i am very happy with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.