Band Pass Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodnarp

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a BPF 800 W Band Pass Filter as I was told this would help with the simulcast problem. I attached it to my BCD536HP and then attached the antenna. It knocked out all signals. Am I doing something wrong or did I just waste $50
Help please thanks

jmontes77029

I purchased a BPF 800 W Band Pass Filter as I was told this would help with the simulcast problem. I attached it to my BCD536HP and then attached the antenna. It knocked out all signals. Am I doing something wrong or did I just waste $50

Help please thanks

I think a narrowband works better for your issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A bandpass filter is useless for dealing with simulcast.

Filters are only good at reducing interference on nearby frequencies. They will not help at all to reduce interference on the same frequency as the desired signal, which is what simulcast is--multiple transmitters on the same frequency. Whoever told you a filter would help is ignorant of what simulcast is and/or basic principles of radio operation.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Help please thanks

That filter is going to pass 740-870 mhz (allowing you to receive 700/800 mhz frequencies) but will chop off reception of anything below 740 and above 870. Essentially it'll turn your scanner into a single band (700/800 -- we'll call it one band) scanner.

That'll do absolutely nothing to help with simulcast. There isn't any kind of filter that you can buy that is going to improve simulcast performance. There are tricks that may help you to get better reception on a simulcast, but if you don't have scanner specifically designed to handle LSM (and none are on the market yet -- so we know you do not have one), then the best you can do is try the various tricks to improve reception of the simulcast.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.