EPIC is Back! Pt. Deux - The Globemaster Era Begins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

This may be premature, but 30 min or so ago 376.025 broke squelch twice, nothing I could make out. It got my attention though since its been silent since the C-130s left. Didnt think much of it, til just a minute ago when i checked adsbexchange.com and saw, only briefly squawking, EPIC01 at about 4000ft arcing NW then SW when it dropped out. Flight path began roughly over KVUJ and appeared to be heading toward KCLT.

00-0183 AE08E3
United States Air Force EPIC01
Boeing C-17A Globemaster III

https://flight-data.adsbexchange.com/activity?icao=AE08E3

Is this one of the new locals? Anyone know anything more definite? I am probably more excited about this than I should be. Oh well thought I would throw it out there.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Plane Spotting CLT

Might want to check Plane Spotting CLT on Facebook for some good info.

spacellamaman

Might want to check Plane Spotting CLT on Facebook for some good info.

The things I miss due to not being on Facebook seem to never end. Almost enough to make me create an account.... almost.

Thanks for the heads up. I did a quick search and found the jetphotos page/group Plane Spotting CLT, tried https://www.facebook.com/PlaneSpottingCLT no joy there. did you mean a specific page or just as a general search phrase?

side note:

noticed on one search this thread popped up. i didn't realize the web crawler/scanners for the search engines were that fast these days. i noticed that it showed

"12 hours ago - 2 posts"

which really confuses me now, GMT EDT EST none of that works, since it was like 2 hours ago....i am so old

Last edited:

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
That is a closed group. Sorry. Perhaps a web search for Charlotte ANG C-17’s would get you some results.

WA4MJF

AFAIK, all Globemasters were either scrapped, even the ones in the boneyard, or crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.