South Carolina Public Service Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiewmorris

The SC PSA has started changing over from their old analog SmartZone system to a new P25 Phase II system. The new system ID is BEE00-8DC. The Kingstree site (1.16) that I am monitoring is using the same control channel as the previous system (5F16) and looks like the talk groups are the old decimal divided by 16.
The neighboring sites listed through DSD+ fastlane are:
Site 1.2 (938.200), Site 1.3 (937.675), Site 1.4 (938.675), Site 1.5 (939.6375), Site 1.17 (939.7375), Site 1.25 (938.1625), Site 1.32 (938.6625)
I think that site 1.32 is John's Island in Charleston Co.; site 1.25 is Lake City in Florence Co.; Site 1.17 is Hemingway is Williamsburg Co.; site 1.5 is Lee Co site (none confirmed but will see if I can this week)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I have created a new system and added the sites you have (tentatively) identified. Please everyone provide more confirmed site details - site numbers, control channels, etc - as you find them.

Thanks

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
This morning I have made a significant update to the sites for this system. We have roughly half of the suspected active sites identified. I can't publish the remainder of the sites into the database until we have verification that each site is active and have a site number to associate with it.

If you're able to run Unitrunker or Pro96Comm, please see if there is an unidentified site within your listening range. If so, please gather and submit the relevant information from the software. You can submit it via the submission engine on the database page, or publish it in the thread on the forum, or pm/email it to me.

If you can't run the software, but you have a digital trunk-tracking scanner, scan for any active P25 control channels in the 935-940MHz range and submit the appropriate site information.

I have also published a list of unidentified sites (with frequencies) in the system's Wiki page. This can give you a starting point for scanning and identifying sites. A direct link is here: SC Public Service Authority - The RadioReference Wiki

Thanks for all submissions.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks to the work of a couple of hobbyists in the Upstate and Aiken areas, we have identified another 3 sites for the new SC PSA P25 trunked radio system. I have updated the database accordingly and have also updated the wiki page that lists frequencies and sites that have not been identified.

Again, if you have the ability to run Pro96Com or Unitrunker and are in an area with sites that have not yet been identified, please do some detective work and help identify sites. Submit this information in any of the preferred methods listed in message #5 above.

Here's a link to the new system's database page: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9925

Here's a link to the wiki page with the list of unverified possible sites: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/SC_Public_Service_Authority_Unverified_Sites

shajoe44

I have enclosed a screen print of monitoring and recording wild cards found on the SC Public Service sites. Please look at the site name, CC freq shown and voice freq shown and please explain how this happens. I thought I was going to crazy and checked my set up numerous times. Just curious as to how I am getting P25 800 talkgroups on the 900 Public Service system.

Attachments

• SC Public Service.jpg
    SC Public Service.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.