Help with a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipster67

Wondering if anyone can help me out. Left Wichita in 2013. Will soon be moving back and was wondering if someone had a file to get me started. I just bought a Uniden BCD996P2... And when I left t was much easier to program. Thanks in advance!!!

tipster67

Just shocked I will be the only person in Wichita to own a Uniden BCD996P2.... So glad I didn't get toss out my other radios. And Thanks to my friend, Craig, I'll have my Unication 4 programmed before I get there...

tipster67

First I will start with "Thank You for responding"... Second I will say I love the photo's of the Pro-106 and I believe the Pro-197... Freescan 2.18 is what I used first. I tried it for about an hour and never got even 1 active channel. My time is kinda short due to my health. Plus getting ready to move. I just thought this was the smart way to go. Thanks again for using your time to help me.

Redneck0410

First I will start with "Thank You for responding"... Second I will say I love the photo's of the Pro-106 and I believe the Pro-197... Freescan 2.18 is what I used first. I tried it for about an hour and never got even 1 active channel. My time is kinda short due to my health. Plus getting ready to move. I just thought this was the smart way to go. Thanks again for using your time to help me.
I'll get something put together for you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Redneck0410

1st: Thank You Very Much!! This will be helpful in two ways. First I will have something on day one. Also I will be able to look at the file and go backwards and see where I messed up... Again Thank you so much!
As a matter of fact, I own that scanner and can send you the channels for Sedgwick County as I already have them programmed into mine. I can verify the channels I'll be sending you did work as of about two months ago (last time I was there with that scanner).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

tipster67

As a matter of fact, I own that scanner and can send you the channels for Sedgwick County as I already have them programmed into mine. I can verify the channels I'll be sending you did work as of about two months ago (last time I was there with that scanner).
Ahhh now he is gonna make me sweat... Thanks again my friend!!

I_am_Alpha1

Just shocked I will be the only person in Wichita to own a Uniden BCD996P2.... So glad I didn't get toss out my other radios. And Thanks to my friend, Craig, I'll have my Unication 4 programmed before I get there...

Possibly...just kidding. When you get there, be sure to visit the Radio Shack in Derby on any Saturday morning from around 9-11. There should be a group of Hams having doughnuts and BSing there...and they can help you with your scanners if need be. Mark and Shaun that own the place can program scanners for a fee.

What I remember hearing is that the north end of the county was a dead zone for all brands of scanners regardless of what antenna they tried. It was solved by using commercial Motorola XTS5000 radios--ask Mark for more info.

Guess you miss the cold and wind ;]

tipster67

Possibly...just kidding. When you get there, be sure to visit the Radio Shack in Derby on any Saturday morning from around 9-11. There should be a group of Hams having doughnuts and BSing there...and they can help you with your scanners if need be. Mark and Shaun that own the place can program scanners for a fee.

What I remember hearing is that the north end of the county was a dead zone for all brands of scanners regardless of what antenna they tried. It was solved by using commercial Motorola XTS5000 radios--ask Mark for more info.

Guess you miss the cold and wind ;]

OMG... I thought that place had closed down. I never got a chance to visit that store. And everyone has always sang the praises of Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.