WS1010: WS1010 asking for a PIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLou

I'm trying to help someone via email that claims her new WS1010 won't work and is requesting a PIN number. I haven't been much help, so I'll try here. Has anyone heard of this before? Here is what the screen says: Thanks

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 3,413
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,170

djeplett

I'm trying to help someone via email that claims her new WS1010 won't work and is requesting a PIN number. I haven't been much help, so I'll try here. Has anyone heard of this before? Here is what the screen says: Thanks
I would try initializing it. From the manual:

Initializing the Scanner
If the scanner’s display locks up or does not work properly after you connect a power source, you might need to initialize the scanner.
Important: This procedure clears all information you stored in the scanner’s memory. Only initialize the scanner when you are sure the scanner is not working properly.
Important: Do not turn off the scanner until the initialization is complete. When the initialization is complete, 1CH 000.0000 appears on the display.
1. Turn off the scanner, then turn it on again. WELCOME SCAnnInG rECEIVEr appears.
2. Press 0, then press 1 while the welcome message is on the screen. InItIAL appears for about two seconds, then YES — Ent and No — CLEAr appear alternately.
3. Press ENT. WAIt appears for about two seconds.

JustLou

I would try initializing it.

Thanks. That was my first suggestion. Apparently she doesn’t even get the welcome screen. It goes right to the screen asking for a 6 digit pin. Very strange. I’ve never seen this one before.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WS1010

I have found that most all "pins" that you never set up or even knew were there or needed are all "0s" 000000 or 0000 My Unication G5 Pager did that a few times trying to link up Bluetooth. I have a WS1080 and never had to deal with that yet. I remember Whistler Wendy saying it was all zeros in one post back when my WS1080 came out in Sept of 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

JustLou

I believe the PIN number is supposed to be on the receipt when you buy the scanner from Whistler.

That's what she believes, but I've never heard of this before. Is it a thing if you buy a scanner direct from Whistler? None of my Whistler scanners ever required this.

djeplett

Just contact Whistler. Johnnydollar2 is probably right. It's probably all zeroes or "1234" or something like that. They will tell you.

Weird there is no mention of it in the manual. Must be a new feature?

Definitely report back when you figure it out.

JustLou

Just contact Whistler. Johnnydollar2 is probably right. It's probably all zeroes or "1234" or something like that. They will tell you.

Weird there is no mention of it in the manual. Must be a new feature?

Definitely report back when you figure it out.

I'll relay the suggestions. Thanks.

TAbirdman

Friend got one. Follow the instructions that was on the card that was packed in the same protective bag the scanner came in. The code is on the WalMart receipt. If you don't have the receipt you can go to www.getyourcode.com.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.