BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Analog Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
My apologies if this has been discussed before. I think I have found another reason to stick with my whistler trx-1. It seems as though, at least in the sentinel software and attempts on manual entry, that one cannot put an analog frequency in the same list as a set of talkgroups.

In other words, the city where I live has a Motorola Smartnet system currently and uses Analog talkgroups on their radio and when the system fails even then to get inside a building, they go to a couple of analog talkaround channels that are analog. Namely 800 mhz analog. Because the TRX-1 is object-oriented, I can add these two analog frequencies to the same scanlist as the other analog talkgroups that are on the trunked radio system.

Has anybody figured out a way to add analog frequencies to a department list that is associated with a trunked radio system and have it so that these analog frequencies are scanned when the department talkgroups are scanned?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My apologies if this has been discussed before. I think I have found another reason to stick with my whistler trx-1. It seems as though, at least in the sentinel software and attempts on manual entry, that one cannot put an analog frequency in the same list as a set of talkgroups.

In other words, the city where I live has a Motorola Smartnet system currently and uses Analog talkgroups on their radio and when the system fails even then to get inside a building, they go to a couple of analog talkaround channels that are analog. Namely 800 mhz analog. Because the TRX-1 is object-oriented, I can add these two analog frequencies to the same scanlist as the other analog talkgroups that are on the trunked radio system.

Has anybody figured out a way to add analog frequencies to a department list that is associated with a trunked radio system and have it so that these analog frequencies are scanned when the department talkgroups are scanned?
You would not be able to do that on a Whistler scanner either. You can added the analog (backup) frequencies to the same scanlist, but they are not on the Object Oriented scanner's trunked system. Yes, you can add them to the scanlist inhabited by the trunked system, but no, they are not actually be scanned as part of the trunked system.

For the Uniden scanners, you would need another system set up as conventional, then add the frequencies there. The Department in the conventional system could have the same name as the Department for the trunked system, and you could also give it the same QK as the trunked system's Department, so that both the trunked system and the backup frequencies would be scanned when that quick key was enabled.

Voyager

Two systems (one trunked - one conventional) under the same FL would be the Uniden equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.