DSDTune w/ Fastlane 2.98

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetskiman98

Since joining the Fastlane program and upgrading from DSDPlus 1.101 to 2.98 I have not been able to get DSDTune to work. Every time I run it, DSDTune immediately returns “Could not get decode string.” It does this for both control and voice channel recordings. I’ve noticed a sizable drop in voice quality since switching to 2.98. Is there something I’m missing or doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetskiman98

Use the latest version of dsdtune (0.1.2)

What is your signal source? Dongle? Tapped scanner?

Well would you look at that. I didn’t realize I was using 0.1.1. I could have sworn I upgraded it to 0.1.2. Thanks for the help. I ran my CC & VC recordings (from a dongle) through 0.1.2 with no problem. All is well now. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
I just found this thread and I'm in the same boat, DSD+ 2.98 and definitely using DSDTune 0.1.2, and I still get the Could not get decode string error as follows:

dsdtune -f1 -i 2018-06-20@012112.IQ -b p25_run.bat <--(the command I ran)
"Checking option -ds
Running dsdplus.exe -o0 -O NUL -f1 -dsXXX ? 2018-06-20@012112.IQ <--(the result)
Could not get decode string"

What gives?

Also, when I press R while running DSDplus in order to make the recording, it does not generate a .wav file, but rather two files which I've already mentioned above, one ending in .FM and one ending in .IQ, and I've ran it with both files, got the same result both times.

Can someone help? I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You need to do the "r" command when you in the Event Log window and not the FMP24 window.

chris

KD8DVR

The fastlane versions omit one of the parameters dsdtune looks for. So when dsdtune comes upon that parameter, "dv" I think, it crashes. The only way around this is to have the dsdtune author change the program.

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
Alright, pressing the R key in the VC Event Log window does indeed generate the .wav file as desired. I also learned that if you make a typo in the command prompt when specifying the .wav filename to DSDTune, that will also cause it to throw the same decode string error.

DSDTune has successfully run, and generated a .bat file with the "switches I want to use". My question now is, where do I input these switches? My setup is decoding P25 with the four DSDPlus .bat files:

FMP24-CC.bat
FMP24-VC.bat
CC.bat
VC.bat

Logically I'm inclined to think that since the purpose of DSDTune is to help fine tune VC decoding, I should add the switches only to my VC.bat file, is this correct? Or do I need to add the switches to all four .bat files? Does order of switches matter in the .bat files or as long as all switches are present in any order, it will work correctly?
Thanks.

slicerwizard

You can't make file name typos if you use tab completion when typing on the command line.

DSD+ advanced decoder option switches get added to the DSD+ command lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.