Windows 10 shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlo

Premium Subscriber
I run Windows 10. I tried to shut the computer down and got the message some app was still running. I clicked cancel and a few minutes later tied to shut down and the app was still running. I clicked shut down anyway and the monitor went off but the power button light was still on. I removed battery to kill computer. Now computer will come and work, but bottom tool bar does not accept clicks and can not use the icon to shut down computer. Is there something I can try to repair?

wtp

i guess

clicking on any icon above the bar still works.

as a quick work around can you start task manager and at the very first screen still power it off ?
should be lower right corner.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I run Windows 10. I tried to shut the computer down and got the message some app was still running. I clicked cancel and a few minutes later tied to shut down and the app was still running. I clicked shut down anyway and the monitor went off but the power button light was still on. I removed battery to kill computer. Now computer will come and work, but bottom tool bar does not accept clicks and can not use the icon to shut down computer. Is there something I can try to repair?

You sure you didn't force it down while in the middle of a big update? Some of them take awhile!

wtp

i get to play with computers

and usually the first thing i do is to plug it in turn it on and leave it for a while....
i remember an update that slowed down the computer and it needed all night to finish downloading.
so you could just leave it alone and get back to us.

arlo

Premium Subscriber
I let it update Windows 10 and now I can click shutdown anyway and It will power off. The app that will not close is Toshiba Flash Cards.

n0nhp

I have Mouse Without borders running and while it is up, Win10 will refuse to shut down. I have to go to the Task Manager and shut down all open instances, then do the three finger salute and shut down from that screen.
Not impressed

Bruce

Josh380

Do yourself a favor and get rid of windows 10. Go back to windows 7 and all will be well. That is, until Microsoft stops support. I did, and I haven't looked back...or is it forward?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Or better yet start learning Linux and run Mint, or Ubuntu. Both can live boot from a USB to get your feet wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.