Bc785d programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

minasha

Hello
I have a Uniden Bc785d with digital card for phase l scanning. It works fine.
I am trying to program it to receive the system for Jersey City
Does anyone have the frequency, offset, and spacing for this receiver.

Thank You

minasha

Hi,
What does the 796d have that the 785 doesn't that will allow it to track Jersey City?
The only difference I see is the 796 has a 6.5 mhz spacing that the 785 doesn't, Jersey City is 12.5 spacing so it shouldn't make a difference, must be something else if you know let me know please

Thank You

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually it makes perfect sense in terms of the timeline. At the time the 785 came out, there were almost no P25 systems out there; these were the days when trunking was undergoing a very slow transition to digital. Fast forward a couple of years, when more and more P25 systems came out, here comes the 796.

To be honest these are both ancient technology now; with P25 commonplace and Phase 2, NXDN and other modes on the rise, these old klunkers are getting left in the dust. Fortunately they can be tapped to use external decoders for these modes, but they'll never see any more support in terms of firmware fixes. They're both very much EOL (end-of-life)

Mike

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I was never able to get the 796 to work on the JC TRS, no matter what I tried. I gave up and got a 996 T and works fine,.

GM

Premium Subscriber
The BCi25D card will not work on a 9600 baud system - that card is specific to the 3600 baud and CAI Conventional type systems only. You needed the BCi96D card, which was included with the sale of the BC296D and BC796D scanners. I used to have trouble receiving Woodbridge NJ TRS with the BC296D years ago. When I finally got the trunking tables correct, I had to have the squelch all the way open in order for it to receive correctly. I got frustrated and decided to upgrade to the Pro 96 at that time.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The BCi25D card will not work on a 9600 baud system - that card is specific to the 3600 baud and CAI Conventional type systems only. You needed the BCi96D card, which was included with the sale of the BC296D and BC796D scanners. I used to have trouble receiving Woodbridge NJ TRS with the BC296D years ago. When I finally got the trunking tables correct, I had to have the squelch all the way open in order for it to receive correctly. I got frustrated and decided to upgrade to the Pro 96 at that time.

I guess you're right, it's been awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.