TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchamb

Premium Subscriber
So this may be a beat to death topic, but my scanner picks up several agencies that show up as unknown on my scanner except for the TGID numbers. I live in East Tennessee. Is there a database here that lists all the TGID numbers? Thanks

marksmith

So this may be a beat to death topic, but my scanner picks up several agencies that show up as unknown on my scanner except for the TGID numbers. I live in East Tennessee. Is there a database here that lists all the TGID numbers? Thanks
Yes. It goes by what system you are listening to. And depends on how you are programmed.

You may find you don't have all the TGID'S programmed with descriptions, or you may find you are coming up with some that are not yet in the database. In this last case, you can submit them.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Yes. The button labeled "databases" in the upper-left corner.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I may be asking a dumb question here... But you have looked at the database section at the top of the page for your state and county right? If so and you're still getting things not listed in it then that's means no users have submitted them. If that's the case you can listen and try to figure them out by their traffic or by radio id's. Also I would check your state subforum. Could be some people there that would know more for your specific area.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have it set for ID Search mode, not ID Scan. (Presuming you have a Uniden scanner. For Whistler/GRE manufactured, you have a wildcard entered.)

If you want to only hear talkgroups that you have programmed, along with their text tags, change the system to ID Scan mode. That will only scan those TGIDs that are programmed and are neither locked out (avoided) and are not in a Group or Department (depending on your model) that is locked out (or set to Avoid).

ID Search, on the other hand, picks up all active talkgroups on the system, providing that they are neither locked out (avoided) and are not in a Group (or Department) that is locked out or avoided.

For Whistler & GRE scanners, a wildcard in the system causes the scanner to receive all active talkgroups on the system (that are not locked out). To only monitor TGIDs that are programmed, either lockout or delete the wildcard in the TSYS.

To identify those unlabeled TGIDs, look at the system you have programmed in the database. Right above where the list of ID's start, click on the link labeled as List All in One Table. That will display all identified talkgroups that are in the database, in numerical order, so that you can spot the corresponding agency. As Mark noted, if you are seeing some active TGIDs that are not in the database for your specific system, then see if you can identify who is using that, and submit it so that the database can be updated.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Listen to it for a while, figure out who is talking from the conversations, then submit the info to bre added to the database.

dchamb

Premium Subscriber
So I'm getting a TGID:10032. Where in any of the databases is this type of id located. Even the TGID numbers on the systems I know are not in the databases anywhere. I guess I'm just missing something.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
So I'm getting a TGID:10032. Where in any of the databases is this type of id located. Even the TGID numbers on the systems I know are not in the databases anywhere. I guess I'm just missing something.

If you are monitoring TACN, then..as per the Link in post 5

TGID: 10032
De
MARYV-PD 2
Maryville Police Ch. 2 Dispatch
Law Dispatch
TN - Blount County (09) - Public Safety

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's listed in the link ScannerSK shared in post #5 as "Maryville Police Ch. 2 Dispatch".

Did you actually read his post?

Edit: I see Gary beat me to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.