clayton county Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Yeah because you have a radio that picks it up from what K4SVT has told me...he probably just has a scanner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N8IAA

clayton county georgia p25 does not work.

It works, just not on scanners. There are only two TGID's that aren't ENC. Those are 144 and 310. One is EMS dispatch, the other is Jail. Have you actually looked in the RR database at the system?
Larry

troymail

Silent Key

Can you be more specific?

This system?
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7949

It looks like most of what is posted (aside from being against RRDB policies) is encrypted and/or "unknown". There are only 2 talkgroups listed that are both known and not listed as unencrypted (if that is accurate) but they are also is marked as Phase 2.

N8IAA

This system?

It looks like most of what is posted (aside from being against RRDB policies) is encrypted and/or "unknown". There are only 2 talkgroups listed that are both known and not listed as unencrypted (if that is accurate) but they are also is marked as Phase 2.

Just a day late and a dollar short, Troy. All ready responded to that two posts ago.
Larry

Ray9231019

Premium Subscriber

This system?

It looks like most of what is posted (aside from being against RRDB policies) is encrypted and/or "unknown". There are only 2 talkgroups listed that are both known and not listed as unencrypted (if that is accurate) but they are also is marked as Phase 2.[/QUOTE
I use freescan to program my BCD325P2 scanner and I don't hear anything and I have purchased DMR.

N8IAA

This system?

It looks like most of what is posted (aside from being against RRDB policies) is encrypted and/or "unknown". There are only 2 talkgroups listed that are both known and not listed as unencrypted (if that is accurate) but they are also is marked as Phase 2.[/QUOTE
I use freescan to program my BCD325P2 scanner and I don't hear anything and I have purchased DMR.

As I posted in Post #4, just the two TGID's that are in the clear. With a 325P2, you will not hear any of the ENC TG's. The scanner automatically mutes those transmissions.
Larry

DanRollman

Database Admin
As I posted in Post #4, just the two TGID's that are in the clear. With a 325P2, you will not hear any of the ENC TG's. The scanner automatically mutes those transmissions.
Larry

I know how they are marked in the database, but are you actually hearing those two talkgroups in the clear?

I noticed they are the only ones (properly) marked as "T" (the others should be too), so assumed it was just a database error. I had thought every talkgroup on the system should actually be marked as "TE".

Though I haven't actually programmed those talkgroups into my BK Radio KNG scanner to try.

Dan

Buttabean

Clayton County

Try forest park public safety fire dispatch channel. Its P25 Phase 1 trunked though. The old analog system is deprecated and the tower at 911 dispatch has been taken down. Their on a new P25 Phase II FULL ENCRYPTED radio system. U cant even hear code enforcement/animal control and even the TGs that arent suppose to be encrypted . . . Are encrypted, i found that out while EMS was standing in my dads living room 12/27/2017 while my TRX-1 scanner was on the dispatch channel and they called in his heart attack & vital signs to the ER via portable radio and also notified their dispatch on dispatch channel. He passed away 01/15/2018 from organ failure but i learned alot about Claytons Radios that day when Battalion Chief 1 was there.

Buttabean

Clayton County P25 Phase 2 "ENCRYPTED"

It works just fine for me.

Hey Eric, i wish my $530.00 scanner had as good of reception as your "Scanner" does on simulcast systems. Up here near Anderson, SC their statewide 800MHz Palmetto P25 system comes in good sometimes & then others it gets garbled from the different signals coming from multiple tower sites they have and i dont wanna only monitor 1 site so i have to suck-it-up buttercup and tolerate the R2D2 noises in between the 10-8's up here. On the good note Hart county public safety operates on VHF Analog repeaters so they come in pretty good except for their Fire/EMS . . . Their radios are on simplex so if they arent with 15-20mile range of my Ed Fong J-Pole antenna then its like listening to the dispatcher play radio with himself. BUT we all can buy motorolas cuz they sell em to anyone BUT not everyone can afford them. :lol:

I am glad to say that they just brought a new DMR repeater online in Anderson SC so maybe my TYT MD9600 will be able to get into the DMR-MARC network now. :eek:

Attachments

• TYT MD-9600.jpg
    TYT MD-9600.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.