Ambulnz Queens/NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
http://www.ambulnz.com/

I see this new service all over now and wondering if they are an FDNY 911 participant or have their own system? I wanna say they are cellular since I can’t find anything about them. Any info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
My guess just by the website is they are a typical ambulette service. Just trying to put a different spin on it.

I just saw them fly by on Queens Blvd with lights and sirens. It seemed in response mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I've seen some of their rigs in Putnam and Orange County.

CqDx

They do “dispatch” over an phone based app like Zello.

weathermedic

Premium Subscriber
They do “dispatch” over an phone based app like Zello.

Actually they are using UHF radios. Mototrbo I believe. They provide private ambulance transportation in NYC, and all of Long Island and occasionally up in Westchester, Rockland and points north.

weathermedic

Premium Subscriber
My guess just by the website is they are a typical ambulette service. Just trying to put a different spin on it.

Ambulettes provide service for wheelchair and other patients in need of non-stretcher service for routine medical appointments.

Private Ambulances provide medical transportation for patients who require the use of a stretcher. They can also be dispatched to emergencies phoned in to them directly from nursing homes, senior assisted living facilities, doctor's offices, urgent care centers etc. who do not wish to call 911 for whatever reasons.

nozzlenut83

I believe Ambulnz ended up with the old Transcare Hudson Valley Region multiple county CON (Dutchess, Putnam, Ulster, Orange, Rockland, Sullivan) when Transcare went out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.