Southwest 1380 Radio Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazybob

I found the radio transmissions from SW 1380 to ATC and the Airport Fire Rescue when the aircraft lost its engine and landed.

The pilot sounded very calm and professional throughout the whole ordeal. The entire flight crew saved a lot of lives yesterday, including their own.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-pilot-who-saved-that-southwest-flight-is-a-badass-1825341463
Maybe I'm missing something but the audio was supposed to be on broadcastify. When I click the link I go to a clickbait farm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
And I also thought the air traffic controllers did a fantastic job. Especially the one on approach who had to juggle other aircraft around and through his zone.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I found the radio transmissions from SW 1380 to ATC and the Airport Fire Rescue when the aircraft lost its engine and landed.

The pilot sounded very calm and professional throughout the whole ordeal. The entire flight crew saved a lot of lives yesterday, including their own.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-pilot-who-saved-that-southwest-flight-is-a-badass-1825341463
I listened to the traffic on another site. She was pretty cool calm and collected. One might think she was reporting some minor problem from her tone of voice. I guess she knows an engine explosion and depressurization of the hull is not a good time to panic.

Scary to think that a window that far back could get impacted from a turbine blade.

I always figured the seats near the engines were dangerous.

I will be rethinking my avoidance of wing seats from now on.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

krazybob

Just in case others are not getting the audio on your cell phone like me here is the direct link to YouTube that has the same audio that I think was stolen from broadcastify to begin with.

https://youtu.be/cnSizWZVyD4

VERY professional pilot! And when she was younger OMG! I would have joined the Airforce just to follow behind her. I think it came from a TV show called something like "Mother's of the Air Force" or something like that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MattBNA

Just in case others are not getting the audio on your cell phone like me here is the direct link to YouTube that has the same audio that I think was stolen from broadcastify to begin with.

They give credit for their audio source, LiveATC.net, in the video description. Broadcastify doesn't have coverage of the initial frequencies when the pilots were talking to the center controllers. There also wouldn't be a way to separate out the individual frequencies to follow this flight as it was on approach to and landing at KPHL as it appears all of the PHL-area frequencies they have are scanning on the same feed. There are 14 frequencies listed on that feed and several aren't even at KPHL airport. Constant audio during the day with no way of knowing which frequency you're actually hearing. Yikes.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.