Azmuth Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxgeek99

I use an RSP1A with SDRuno and a DX Engineering active loop antenna. This antenna has max gain in the plane of the loop and a null for directions perpendicular to the plane of the loop. Need an app for windows 10 or Android phone that uses my location and calculates the azimuth to whatever country I wish. Any suggestions for an app?

Jimmy

zz0468

QRT
Banned
The main lobe is wide, the null is sharp. The null is used to get rid of local noise, which you usually don't know where it's coming from. An app to calculate bearing is probably of little use for this. Just turn the antenna for best signal to noise ratio. Tomorrow, the heading might be different.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I *assume* you are talking HF. I wasn't aware that the DXE active loop would null sky-bounced signals. Neither the Pixel nor the Wellbrook exhibit such characteristics. They are good at nulling out local noise/RFI along with LW/MW signals that are ground wave, but don't null out HF signals.

Interesting.

[Edited to add] Ah, since this is the Pixel/InLogis loop, I'm pretty sure that you are only going to null out local noise/RFI and not sky-bounced HF signals.

--
Mike

Last edited:

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I use CSVUserListBrowser with my SDR software, including SDRuno and it generally will provide distance and bearing to what I'm listening to. Right now, RNZI on 15720. 13442km bearing 243.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.