• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cross Band Repeater TK-790 (In-Band possible?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndjmix

Hey guys, I was wondering....I know its possible to connect a tk790 and 890 to use the same head, and do a great job at cross band repeating....

But, my question....can I instead just use 2 TK790's, then just run a duplexer?

Anyone ever try this?

--John

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Hey guys, I was wondering....I know its possible to connect a tk790 and 890 to use the same head, and do a great job at cross band repeating...

I am not aware that you can cross band repeat with a dual drawer (TK-790 & TK890) configuration.

Anyone ever try this?

--John

No, you can not set up the TK-x90 series to use 2 RF decks that are the same band split.

When Programming you must specify in the software what bands are being used in the dual band setup. When you choose VHF-Hi as the first one, and VHF-Hi is out when selecting the band of the second RF deck.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ok fake edit:

Apparently the TK-x90 dual band set up will allow cross band operation, how ever it appears to be really limited in functionality.

Going to explore the software tonight and see if I can figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber

A few years back we needed a replacement low band repeater and since no such animal existed, Kenwood systems built us one out of two TK-690's. So yes it can be done.

(And this is two separate radios, not a dual deck).

Last edited:

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
A same band repeater can be built, but you have they have to be two full units and you have to use the accessory ports to make it happen.

You can cross band through a dual band single head system but it is very limited and renders the radio to repeat only when the repeater mode is active.

Status
Not open for further replies.