Does anyone know if st Mary’s police is still encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is encrypted and what isn’t in st Mary’s county Maryland ? Anyone know ? Please list what you know is encrypted or what is not , thanks !

kma371

QRT
Have you looked in the database? What you are looking for is probably there.

Yea but t doesn’t tell you what’s encrypted, I guess t has one channel that has some it shows but I thought they encrypted all there police , does anyone know if they still have full time encryption on all police channels , becuase I know at one point they did , guess I’ll have to find out when I go down there again .

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The E in the "Mode" column indicates encryption. I don't think it means it's encrypted. I believe it means it's capable of encryption.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
My suggestion was wrong. I thought I copied the St. Mary's URL. That's the one I looked at but apparently not the one I copied. Fredva got it right.

My bad.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Law enforcement TGs on the St. Mary's County P25 system are encrypted. When the state system (FiRST) becomes operational in STMC in ~2020, the Maryland State Police will move from the STMC P25 system to FiRST, and *probably* follow their deployment pattern seen elsewhere in the state. Typically, the individual MSP barracks dispatch / operations TG is in the clear, while the TAC and CID TGs are encrypted. Note that most county and city law enforcement agencies in larger Maryland jurisdictions also limit encryption to tactical and investigative users. Unfortunately, the Sheriff in STMC feels full encryption is necessary for his agency.

St. Mary's County has a "blog" that followed their system upgrade:
Radio System - St. Mary's County, MD

Last edited:
Law enforcement TGs on the St. Mary's County P25 system are encrypted. When the state system (FiRST) becomes operational in STMC in ~2020, the Maryland State Police will move from the STMC P25 system to FiRST, and *probably* follow their deployment pattern seen elsewhere in the state. Typically, the individual MSP barracks dispatch / operations TG is in the clear, while the TAC and CID TGs are encrypted. Note that most county and city law enforcement agencies in larger Maryland jurisdictions also limit encryption to tactical and investigative users. Unfortunately, the Sheriff in STMC feels full encryption is necessary for his agency.

St. Mary's County has a "blog" that followed their system upgrade:
Radio System - St. Mary's County, MD

I hate full encryption, i can agree with some encryption like tactical talk groups but not dispatch , I hope Calvert doesn’t end up wthis way, I heard from RadioShack they will also be fully encrypted ,let’s hope not

I believe Prince George’s county also has p25 digital system and they didn’t encrypt dispatch .

Status
Not open for further replies.