x36HP LCN's wrong with FW 1.15.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've noted the UID's reported by FW version 1.15.00 do not match what is shown in FW 1.14.00

For example, 1.14.00 will show a UID of 5072 while FW 1.15.00 will show a UID of 938.

UID shows the same as DSD+ which I assume to be correct.

So... UID decoding in FW 1.15.00 for the 436 and 536HP's seems to be broken when they are running the bad 1.15.00 version.
Sorry if this was mentioned but I did not see it.

FW 1.14.00 does produce UIDs that match what DSD+ shows.
I did not have time to see if other trunking formats are affected but NXDN 4800 is.

Thanks

edit: FW Ver 1.15.00 also shows the same UID for several different users of the system,
That's actually how I noticed something was wrong with 1.15.00.

The system in question is Site 4 of this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7359

One thing that is weird is the wrong UID display is not occurring on TG 210 but any TG above 210 does display the incorrect UID.
No Alias's are in use on this system either

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I'll program Barnes-Jewish into my 436HP for next time I'm in the city to see if I can replicate this bug. This weekend I was busy monitoring St. Louis University NXDN's system. Not too much traffic on it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've noted the LCN's reported by FW version 1.15.00 do not match what is shown in FW 1.14.00

For example, 1.14.00 will show a UID of 5072 while FW 1.15.00 will show a UID of 938.

UID shows the same as DSD+ which I assume to be correct.

So... UID decoding in FW 1.15.00 for the 436 and 536HP's seems to be broken when they are running the bad 1.15.00 version.
Sorry if this was mentioned but I did not see it.

FW 1.14.00 does produce UIDs that match what DSD+ shows.
I did not have time to see if other trunking formats are affected but NXDN 4800 is.

This is confusing. Is 1.15.00 parsing bad LCNs, talkgroup IDs, or radio IDs? Or all of them?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
My Subject is wrong and cannot be changed.

The LCN's are fine. It is the UID's that are wrong with 1.15.00 firmware.
The UID's match DSD+ perfectly with FW 1.14.00 running on an x36HP radio.

Sorry for that typo.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So UIDs are parsing correctly on TG 210, but incorrectly on TGIDs > 210?

Are the UIDs on TG 210 in the same number range as other talkgroups, or do the other talkgroups use a higher or lower UID range than TG 210?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
So UIDs are parsing correctly on TG 210, but incorrectly on TGIDs > 210?

Are the UIDs on TG 210 in the same number range as other talkgroups, or do the other talkgroups use a higher or lower UID range than TG 210?

Darn, not enough coffee yet!

After I though UID's on TG 210 only were parsing correctly, they started parsing incorectlly after time. A TG of 5064 as shown on DSD+ and an x36HP will also parse as 5064 with the 536HP running 1.14.00.
If I watch the 536HP running 1.15.00, that same TG now shows UID 5064 as 630.
This is reproducible but seemed to take time to show up much as the squelch issue does. Not sure if the two are related but I never did have the squelch issue on any of my x36HP's running 1.15.00.

The wrongly parsed UID's on 4 or 536HP's on TG's above 510 show up immediately which confuses the matter.
But once I let a radio with 1.15.00 run for some time, UIDs on TG 210 do parse incorrectly and when they parse incorrectly, the UID they display is always the same value so it's not picking up a random UID.
There are also UIDs that show the same UID (usually 5063) even though multiple users are talking. That is now showing up on TG 510 and the higher TG's.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the system is sending out an Alias ID if your UID's aren't programmed.

I've confirmed Alias's are not in use on this system.
That was one of my first thoughts.

DSD+ would show the Alias if there were any but it has not decoded a single Alias on this system.

The System in question is: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7359
and Site 4 on that system. The frequency are slightly wrong when watching with a service monitor or a good Icom with a real center tune meter but they still decode fine and the same when I enter the correct frequencies. The LCNs are correct for the four frequencies listed.

The 536HP or 436 both follow the system perfectly, just the UIDs go wrong with FW 1.15.00

Hope I did not make any mistakes with this post and sorry for the mistake in the earlier post!

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This is the behavior of the Alias ID feature on firmware 1.15.00. The conversation may start out showing a UID: 1234, then when the user keys up the radio it might show up 4321 with no "UID" designation preceding it. I'm watching the same thing right now on a NXDN 4800 trunking system. JOHN just showed up on the first transmission, then UID:4622 came up on his next transmission on the same talk group of course.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
This is the behavior of the Alias ID feature on firmware 1.15.00. The conversation may start out showing a UID: 1234, then when the user keys up the radio it might show up 4321 with no "UID" designation preceding it. I'm watching the same thing right now on a NXDN 4800 trunking system. JOHN just showed up on the first transmission, then UID:4622 came up on his next transmission on the same talk group of course.

Let me ask this, do Alias's work as they should in FW 1.14.00?
I do not see this issue at all in 1.14.00.

Also DSD+ (fastlane latest) does not show any Alias's at all)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So the way to confirm would be to check whether the displayed number has "UID:" in front of it (actual UID) or not (alias).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

The Alias feature was not available in firmware 1.14.00. I think that's what you're seeing, sounds very similar to my NXDN system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

Aliases are not supported at all in 1.14.00

kruser

Premium Subscriber
So the way to confirm would be to check whether the displayed number has "UID:" in front of it (actual UID) or not (alias).

Let me watch this when they go active again.

Should not the latest DSD+ fastlane show the Alias?

If so, it is not showing any Alias's on this system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I may have missed the alias feature in FW 1.15.00 release notes.

Yes, UPMan put it out in a supplemental post. Another contributor near me has told me Alias ID's don't always show up on DSD either. It's system related and not the scanner or firmware.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Can multiple radios carry the same Alias?

I am seeing that on at least 5 different users radios when they talk.

Okay,

I do not see UID: on the radio that has 1.15.00 on it. This tells me that the site is using Alias's.
I thought DSD+ showed the Alias as it decoded them but from reading through its notes, it looks like one must enter the Alias in the dsdplus.radios text file to get it to also show the Alias.

Thanks guys for clarifying this as site Alias does seem to be why I'm showing the wrong UID on this site.

With that said, I wish there were a user option to turn off Alias display on a site by site level.
It gets kind of confusing when you hear at least 5 users all having the same Alias programmed. In this situation, I'd much rather see the real UID!

Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.