Unitruncker losing control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradleyb2

Hello. I'm running Unitrunker with an AirSpy. I have everything up and running fine, can decode my control channel, see calls being made, decode P25 voice with DSD+, etc. The system is a Motorola Type II SmartZone.

The scanner will run perfectly fine for a seemingly random amount of time, sometimes 5 to 10 seconds, other times for multiple minutes. However, after a while, I lose the control channel decoding entirely.

I can see on the VCO Scope for the control channel that it switches from a normal looking signal (top image) to one that's all wonky (bottom image).

I've tried de-selecting all but the Motorola protocol for the Signal VCO and turning off Discover. Chase is also off. The receiver is set with only 2 VCOs, one for signal and one for voice.

I've also tried moving the SDR to connect directly to the computer USB and bypassing a USB hub. The latter may have helped a bit but I'm still experiencing occasional signal channel loss.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• good.jpg
    good.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 178
  • bad.jpg
    bad.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 170

bradleyb2

I have a RTL also. I tried switching to that for the control channel and it didn't have the same issue. Performed as expected. Of course, it doesn't have the bandwidth to also tune voice channels so it was just parked at the control channel, unlike how I was attempting to have the AirSpy handle both.

bama9999

The bottom image looks like what I get on the scope when the voice receiver stops receiving a voice signal. Are you sure they aren't temporarily switching the control channel frequency, and that the chase box does in fact need to be checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.