BCD436HP/BCD536HP: quick keys again

Status
Not open for further replies.

cino

so i started making some changes on my favorites last night. i added a new favorite i have it set to "ON" for both monitor and download. i have looked in the profile i have looked every where .. but i cant get it to turn on
The scanner screen shows F0:-- 1 2 -- 4 * * * *

i need "3" to turn on and i have done this many times it has been a while but i cannot figure out where i have missed the setting.

can someone help me out ? and i never do any other quick keys just those favs so i can turn them on and off depending on what district i am in

Bob132

so i started making some changes on my favorites last night. i added a new favorite i have it set to "ON" for both monitor and download. i have looked in the profile i have looked every where .. but i cant get it to turn on
The scanner screen shows F0:-- 1 2 -- 4 * * * *

i need "3" to turn on and i have done this many times it has been a while but i cannot figure out where i have missed the setting.

can someone help me out ? and i never do any other quick keys just those favs so i can turn them on and off depending on what district i am in

Try pressing 3 then E or yes. It should toggle between on and off.

Voyager

You likely have a disabled SQK or Department/Site QK that is preventing FLQK 3 from being enabled.

The display indicates it is assigned.

Try removing any other Quick Keys or try 3.1 ENTER (assuming a SQK of 1) to see if if will worn on after you do that.

cino

That will turn on F3...I think he's wanting to turn on System 3? He's in F0 according to the string he posted. Or that's how I'm seeing it.

yes.. normally i hit 2 then yes to toggle on and off "2". but for some reason 3 is not even an option to toggle on and off.
if i edit the favorite under options i have

location control no
FL Quick Key 3
FL number tag none.

I am still looking and reading it has to be something simple i missed

Voyager

What is your SQK? Dept/Site QK?

Number tags will not affect reception at all.

cino

ill just have to read some more. I have compared it to the ones that i can enable but I do not see any difference.
I only ever used favorite quick keys and that looks to be the only thing i have assigned.

all of the quick keys in the picture work
when I enable them it shows the number when i disable them it shows * but for number 3 it just has a - and i cant enable it

on the scanner if i go to set quick key status then favorites quick key 03 just has ---------------------- --------
the rest look normal

if i look at system quick key every thing is listed except for #3
so maybe i need to set the system quick key????

Attachments

• cap.JPG
    cap.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 252

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Read up on the link I posted earlier...it goes into the quick keys in that section of his site.

Voyager

all of the quick keys in the picture work
when I enable them it shows the number when i disable them it shows * but for number 3 it just has a - and i cant enable it

if i look at system quick key every thing is listed except for #3
so maybe i need to set the system quick key????

Setting a SQK will complicate the issue. If anything, make sure one is not set until you understand the interaction of how they work.

Again, I will ask what SQKs are programmed. Your pic only shows FLQKs which are not the same thing. SQKs are shown within a FL.

cino

Setting a SQK will complicate the issue. If anything, make sure one is not set until you understand the interaction of how they work.

Again, I will ask what SQKs are programmed. Your pic only shows FLQKs which are not the same thing. SQKs are shown within a FL.

sorry i missed that question but i have no sqk set if i look in favorite editor under system quick key status 00-99 are all unchecked i confirmed through all my favorites that none are checked

its really driving me crazy i have set these many times and never had any issues except for forgetting to select on in monitor and download. i have a total of 15 quick keys set as you can see from my picture as far as i know I have never set any other quick key type

Voyager

One other thing to check: Make sure the SERVICE TYPE(s) for that list are enabled.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If the scanner is showing - and not * or 3 in the "3" spot, then there is no FL loaded into memory with FLQK 3 assigned to it.

cino

If the scanner is showing - and not * or 3 in the "3" spot, then there is no FL loaded into memory with FLQK 3 assigned to it.

yes i agree with the statement but i have set it every where i can possibly think of granted i must be missing a tick box some where but i have yet to locate it

cino

doesn't these 2 pics show that i have it set to 3?

whats odd I have done this a few times i am 90% sure i have done what i should. the only thing difference was the firmware update that i did do but it still wants me to do. i have seen that post and understand why its still prompting for the update.

but i really have ran out of ideas except maybe dumping the software on my other pc and just do it all over again and see what the outcome is

Attachments

• cap1.JPG
    cap1.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 142
  • cap.JPG
    cap.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 143

cino

resolved

I deleted the new favorite did a full write from software back to scanner then re added the same favorite with #3 again and it was fixed..

I have to go with a glitch during the write process or something odd happnedd but its working as it should thanks for the help and info

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A couple of things come to mind. One is you may have duplicate instances of the Favorites List in your scanner. The first one may have the FLQK off and the second has it on. When you do a Write to Scanner, be sure you check the Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner box. That ensures a "clean slate" on your scanner.

Also do you have more than one profile? It's a little convoluted to explain, but if you have multiple profiles different information can be involved.

Bottom line is this - there are a lot of little things that can cause this, all very simple. It is pesky trying to find the offender. We've all been there though.

cino

I did get it resolved and i think some of the things you suggested were the issue. its all better now and I do not have more than 1 profile. i think maybe one quick key was stepping on another.

i was pretty stumped on how to resolve but its fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.