No Radio Traffic from Linndale Police in a Long Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linndale Police is on the B&C DMR System
Control Channels Listed in the Data Base

Talkgroup 3004 i use a TRX-2 use to pick them up when i got my TRX-2 Cleveland Fire was on a call yesterday with Linndale Police so i did monitor them got nothing any IDEAs?

Nasby

Don't they just sit in that traffic camera booth / box and take pics of speeders all day long?

N8IAA

Back in the day, they used to sit in flat black, unmarked police cars under the railroad bridge. They would also set up in the burger place that used to be just past the bridge and catch people at the stop sign. Had a ham friend who used to work part-time as an officer for Linndale.
Their biggest income used to come from motorists speeding on I-71. Then they were told they couldn't set up speed traps there anymore.
I think I remember the elevated box the last time I was back home.

Larry

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Now the last year or so I catch them still running up and down 71 and they have dispatch run plates looking for people with warrants so they can stop them.
They aren't running speed traps anymore like they used to.

N8IAA

Now the last year or so I catch them still running up and down 71 and they have dispatch run plates looking for people with warrants so they can stop them.
They aren't running speed traps anymore like they used to.

The state decided that they have no jurisdiction on I-71 quite awhile ago. In fact, before I moved to GA, and that's been 19 years. Don't understand how they would get away with that approach:confused:
Maybe someone could enlighten me on that.

Larry

ibagli

The state decided that they have no jurisdiction on I-71 quite awhile ago.

A few years after that law was enacted, the state supreme court struck it down for violating the village's home rule powers.

my question was ((( No Radio Traffic from Linndale Police in a Long Time ))) i know the long history of Linndale Police Still Quiet on their DMR talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.