Frederick City Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyc65

I just purchased a BCD436HP last week. I seem to pretty much have everything programmed in that I am interested in listening to. The only Agency I would like to add is the Frederick City Police Dept. The frequencies were included with the database and match up with everything in the RadioReference data base but I am not catching anything on those frequencies. Am I missing something? Or are they in one of the upgrades for the scanner from Uniden?

Thanks

BM82557

I don't monitor the Frederick P25 sytem but from looking in the RR db entry it looks like most Frederick City Police comms are encrypted, maybe someone in the Frederick area will verify that -

Attachments

• Screenshot - 4_25_2018 , 21_24_17.jpg
    Screenshot - 4_25_2018 , 21_24_17.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 102

ResQguy

Meh
Frederick City has been encrypted for many years, even back when they were still on conventional.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a BCD436HP last week. I seem to pretty much have everything programmed in that I am interested in listening to. The only Agency I would like to add is the Frederick City Police Dept. The frequencies were included with the database and match up with everything in the RadioReference data base but I am not catching anything on those frequencies. Am I missing something? Or are they in one of the upgrades for the scanner from Uniden?

Thanks

As other have already said, Frederick City Police communications are encrypted, which has been the case for many years. Their is no scanner that can decrypt their comms. A Unication pager *could* if equipped with the proper key, but that key is only available to authorized users.

buddyc65

Frederick City Police

Thanks everyone. I kind of figured that but was still hoping I was missing something simple. Thanks again and have a wonderful day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.