Orange County P25 Trunked System on the air.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The only site up is Goshen. I really wish someone took my bet...I could use some more toys !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
May be a dumb question BUT when I program this system, I get Nothing To Scan. Is that because no units are programmed yet, or am I doing something wrong.
Mike

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I checked ID Search ON and it seems to be scanning now. Will that do it?
Mike

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Yep. Good luck. I’m sure the only talkgroups on the air are for testing at this point. They still have to connect all the microwave and get some of the other sites completed. There has been issues with environmental groups etc.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
LOL. NYCOMCO will build out their own P25 trunked system for agencies to use before Orange gets their crap together.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Which is amusing, since the county certified on May 7th that the site had been fully constructed. I guess whatever it takes to beat the build out deadline of July 31st without having to hassle with a request for extension.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Uls...jsp?freqType=B&licKey=3851890&keyLoc=16307145

Incidentally, the county filed the same false required notification reports for every other site in the system, many of which don't even have so much a concrete slab laid down yet. At least Cronomer has had that for the past few months.

Way to keep it on the level, Orange. This is why people have zero faith in this system or OC911 as a whole.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
This is Cronomer and was taken in July. Note the date of the build out on the FCC filing was May.
IMG_0594.jpg

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The “plan” is for all of Police,
Fire and EMS. The “problem” is they keep moving the goal posts and a lot of agencies don’t have faith in the County, especially the agencies that have their own dispatch. Some of them have already renewed contracts with vendors past the latest cutover date.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Cronomer won't be completed until October.

captncarp

orange county towers

How many towers for the whole system and how many are up or in construction at this time? Are the existing towers being used?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The last I checked on their licenses the configuration of their two simulcast cells were as follows:

NORTH/WEST
Cronomer
Goshen
Graham
Heather Hill
Montgomery
Sparrowbush
Wurtsboro

SOUTH/EAST
Beacon
Arden
Maple Brook