new volusia county p25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

Anybody been monitoring this new P25 phase 2 system yet. According to Radio Reference it has only one talkgroup so far VCSO-4.

Anybody been monitoring this new P25 phase 2 system yet. According to Radio Reference it has only one talkgroup so far VCSO-4.
To my knowledge, they have a small, non-simulcast site at the firehouse along I-4 in Seminole County beaming into southwestern Volusia, very localized coverage. I believe they are using their VIDA patching to do several talkgroups back to the A (west) system. I'm not out there regularly, so I can't validate it.

Ultimately they'll go entirely to P25.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Yes the site is at SCFD Sta. 34, which used to be part of Seminole County's system when it was analog. Volusia County had initially turned on the system using the old Seminole County infrastructure which had wider coverage then Volusia replaced the old 800 MHz antennas and two microwave antennas, with directional type antennas and a replacement microwave antenna pointed towards the combined Volusia County and SLERS Orange City site. Essentially reception of the Volusia P25 site is from I-4 CR-46A in Lake Mary to SR44 in Deland with some signal at CFRH in Sanford for the EVAC ambulances transporting there.

lsh1885

Well I work near Sanford so brought my scanner to work I had a decent signal of 2 or 3 bars but I never heard any radio traffic in about 2 hours of monitoring.

I_am_Alpha1

I suggest using UniTrunker or one of the other programs listed in the link below to strip the signal stream and see what is there. Unless the radio administrator is willing to give you all the details, you don't have many other options...someone has to gather the data. I keep my HP-1 around because it works with UniTrunker and use it to decode all the systems I monitor--sometimes RR doesn't have all the info.

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunked_Radio_Decoders

alanlungs2

The primary use on the Seminole county tower is for fire/rescue calls on the south end of DeBary. That is anything south of Dirksen Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.