• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR5550 Talkaround issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsojat

I have stumbled upon a dilemma that has be completely stumped, hoping that someone here can help.

I have a XPR5550 VHF, model number M28JQN9KA1AN, that is refusing to behave. Basically it will not let me use the talkaround option on a repeater channel the way it should. The button programs fine. I have tried switching buttons to make sure it was not a faulty button.

It is a conventional repeater channel. I've checked in both the amateur bands and public safety bands, same effect. I was on the 2.06 firmware, so I tried upgrading to the 2.08, that didn't help.

Talkaround is checked in menu area, but does not show up on the utilities menu, which is also odd.

The allow talkaround box is checked in the individual channels on all repeater channels.

I have checked and rechecked the channel and the radio wide settings.

I can't find anything that conflicts. I've even compared it to my UHF which works fine, and the relevant settings are the same.

Very boggling....I'm stumped, please help...

JB

Last edited:

dsojat

Yes. It is a repeater channel that I talk on regularly. I have tried to use the feature on multiple channels so it is not restricted to any one channel position.

dsojat

It is not just one channel, it is on any repeater frequency, digital or analog.

It is like the Talkaround function is there but non-functional.

I have it set up the same way I do on my UHF radio, same model of radio other than band.

RKG

Look around for a parameter such as "TA Avail" in the relevant personality or channel screens. In order for a T/A button or switch to be functional, that box must be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.