Hamilton Street Railway DT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
I was out and about scanning and noticed a DT3 signal on 411.6375. It is showing up as Net 1 Site 2 with a CC of 0. The frequency comes in at full strength here in Hamilton and it's licensed to the Hamilton Street Railway. They currently only use a small handful of frequencies (3 I believe are being used) and they have a LRT across King/Main that is suppose to open in 2024 so it would make sense if they are upgrading their radios. I did see a document on Infrastructure Canada's web site about radio upgrade for the HSR and that it is currently "In Progress". I going to run DSD+ on this frequency and program this one as well as the other three known analog frequencies and see if which ones are active.

Matt

mciupa

Database Admin
This signal also makes it into Toronto.
I was checking out the NXDN upgrade on my 536 and was putting the scanner in Custom Search mode between 406-423 MHz and noticed the noise. Didn't show up as DT3 over here. I've changed that HSR frequency in my scanner to Digital Only.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
I heard on HSR radio talk aboiut "training on the new digital radio system" so i guess that is what it is. Added them as DMR but gonna switch them to NXDN now

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Would suck if they are really going full ENC, been listening to them for the past 10 years will miss hearing the dispatchers i know by name now.

Added the system anyways with a TG and PV wildcard, and gonna see if any other site frequencies are being used.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Here's a few more TG's DSD+ has reported for this system over the past few days..

TG 101 / RID 7000
TG 104 / RID 1005/1611
TG 108 / RID 1005/7000
TG 1005 / RID 9/1612
TG 557113 / RID 657389

Matt

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Just heard clear non ENC traffic on TG 106, sounds like they are testing radios on buses. Missed the RID, i would guess though they would be the same as the bus/vehicle number they are installed on. As the ones above seem to be the same as some bus numbers.

Last edited:

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the system is starting to come to life (prob a phased rollout i guess), heard Dispatch to bus or supervisor comms on TG 102 no ENC.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Hearing more today

Talkgroup 103
Non encrypted
This might either be another control/dispatch channel or 102 is supervisors and this is control. As i was hearing talk about something "not accepting tickets" on this one, but also on 103 about what sounded like a driver but could have been a supervisor being instructed to turn the radio off and back on it sounded like.

Last edited:

ATCTech

All operational calls I'm seeing are RID 9005 for both sides of every conversation today (Saturday). That says patched audio from the old system to me, not actually using the new.

ATCTech

The 9005 RID has been primarily on 102. It's also appeared once or twice on 103 along with RID 1632 this morning.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Heard similar traffic to the other TGs on TG 101, really not sure what is supervisors or dispatch at this point. I guess once it is fully rolled out we will know.

mciupa

Database Admin
Heard similar traffic to the other TGs on TG 101, really not sure what is supervisors or dispatch at this point. I guess once it is fully rolled out we will know.

Could be 101 for regular buses, 102 for trolley buses and 103 for support vehicles (or whatever order). We'll have to see if the fleet numbers support my theory.

Paz

Premium Subscriber
Need help programming BCD436HP

Sorry to post a silly question, but I'm having trouble programming the HSR trunked system onto my 436.
I had previously downloaded the DMR upgrade and I had no trouble programming FleetConnect and GOTRBO.
I have tried both Sentinel and currently I am attempting to program directly onto the radio. It shows signal strength and DT3 at the bottom, but it doesn't stop on any talkgroups. I have "I.D. search" on. Does anyone have any simple suggestions? Thanks.

mciupa

Database Admin
Sorry to post a silly question, but I'm having trouble programming the HSR trunked system onto my 436.
I had previously downloaded the DMR upgrade and I had no trouble programming FleetConnect and GOTRBO.
I have tried both Sentinel and currently I am attempting to program directly onto the radio. It shows signal strength and DT3 at the bottom, but it doesn't stop on any talkgroups. I have "I.D. search" on. Does anyone have any simple suggestions? Thanks.

Make sure Colour Code is 0 (zero) and I'm not sure on the slot. Try either 1 or 2. Also lengthen the system hold time from zero seconds to maybe 5 or 10 seconds.

mciupa

Database Admin
Thanks for the reply. I have entered the color. But where do you enter the slots?

If you go to Edit Department, go through your list of talkgroups. There is an option to edit TDMA slots. The choices are Any, 1, or 2. You would think that Any would be the best bet. If any slot flashes while scanning, quickly press E to lock in the correct TDMA slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.