• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 Power LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I noticed, per the manual, the power LED glows red when the USB charging cable is connected. When charging is completed, the LED turns green. But if I leave the pager connected to the charging cable after charging is complete, the green LED will eventually change back to red. Then after a while, back to green again. This is with the pager turned off.

Also sometimes, the power LED will suddenly glow red for a few seconds while I'm monitoring, and then go out (it's not connected to the USB cable). Appears to be a random thing. It isn't caused by a low battery.

(Power LED: the one directly in front of the antenna)

Anyone know what might be causing these things?

Haley

I have noticed the same things off and on over the year I have had my G5. It's never effected it's performance that I know of.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I noticed, per the manual, the power LED glows red when the USB charging cable is connected. When charging is completed, the LED turns green. But if I leave the pager connected to the charging cable after charging is complete, the green LED will eventually change back to red. Then after a while, back to green again. This is with the pager turned off.

Also sometimes, the power LED will suddenly glow red for a few seconds while I'm monitoring, and then go out (it's not connected to the USB cable). Appears to be a random thing. It isn't caused by a low battery.

(Power LED: the one directly in front of the antenna)

Anyone know what might be causing these things?

the random blink is a status blink, pretty much to let u know it’s still on since the screen goes dark. think of older cell phones that had led that would blink every few minutes. you can change the timing under D7 led setting
i believe the changing while plugged in is the overcharge protection so the battery isn’t constantly charging when full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kinglou0

the random blink is a status blink, pretty much to let u know it’s still on since the screen goes dark.

It's very random. :confused:

You can disable it in the PPS and somehow it'll become enabled again.
Even after being switched off, My G5 will blink. (I've seen it up to 2 minutes after being switched off).

troymail

Silent Key
What I tend to see:

solid RED while connected and charging
solid GREEN when connected and fully charged
no LED when connected, fully charged and left connected after GREEN for some unknown amount of time

If the power drops from the charging source for even a brief period, the LED reverts to RED for at least a short time before becoming GREEN again

When running on battery, the LED periodically blinks RED - not certain why or what that really means.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
That's probably it - just an indication that the pager is on and awaiting a voice call....

I was going to time it today, but I didn't. Seems to blink about every two to three minutes, but that doesn't seem to be consistent. Sometimes right before a voice call. Sometimes not.

mdsxfire

EDBM
It's very random. :confused:

You can disable it in the PPS and somehow it'll become enabled again.

Even after being switched off, My G5 will blink. (I've seen it up to 2 minutes after being switched off).

really? i haven’t changed it from whatever the default setting is, don’t really pay much attention unless it’s a slow day on the system i’m listening to and i take a peek over at it to see it flash so i know it’s working. the 2 systems i listen to are busy enough that i’m getting something over the pager every minute or so at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.