Putnam County Feed Provider Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

sectionut

Premium Subscriber
I've been providing the Putnam County feed via the Deshler site. I will be moving well out of range (Lucas County). With my limited knowledge of the MARCS system, I'm curious if there is a way to continue serving the feed from Lucas County? If I recall, the last time I tried to read about this, there were limitations to what talk groups could roam on other sites that weren't within the vicinity? Any insight or suggestions is much appreciated.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
You will not hear Putnum County up there unless a Putnum County radio affiliates with the Toledo site, and even then that is if their TG's are allowed to roam to that site. So I would say that you will be unable to continue the feed from there.

fyrfyter33

It might work, but like previously posted would require a Putnam radio up there. Generally, MARCS provides a 1-2 county roam area where local talkgroups will still work in nearby counties.

What they don’t want is say for me to drag a Hamilton County local talkgroup to the other side of the state, say Lucas County for instance.

My radio works anywhere there is MARCS coverage, but beyond Dayton area, it would be limited to statewide talkgroups and NIFOGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.