ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
anybody noticed ESPN is not listed in the database it’s it does show in the Radio reference but it will not show in the sentinel preset why that Does anybody have the ESPN system work in the can share a copy with me I have a 436 thank you

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
They're owned by ABC TV, if that helps.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is not in the Sentinel Database because it is a NXDN system and Sentinel does not yet program those. It does not yet work in the x36 scanners because they aren't working correctly with the type of NXDN that
that system is.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to monitor the ESPN system now after the last couple firmware updates. Determine what channel is the Control channel, put that channel ONLY in the system, use LCN Finder, once the LCN shows all found, go ahead and SCAN. The issue with the control channel change at 2pm had not been figured out by Uniden as of last update. This means every day you have to change the channel. It might be easier to make a different SITE for each CC frequency and just change that.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it changes at 2 pm EDT every day. The problem is that the method for monitoring the NXDN DFA system involves programming the active control channel only and then using the LCN Finder to set the LCN. However, when it changes, you are out of luck. I had to travel down there to test each update and haven't pushed Uniden to explain the correct programming for a rotating CC NXDN DFA system.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
It works, you just have to manually change the control channel. Since I am not in range, I would get the update, go test it, send results to Uniden, get an update and install it, have to drive back there, test it, etc. Finally I gave up as they didn't answer the changing control channel issue. So it works but only for 1 day at a time.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.