BCDx36HP v1.18.00 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It isn't Friday...but Japan has Golden Week holiday for the rest of the week. So, Wednesday is the new Firmware Friday.

1.18.00 Release Notes (05/02/2018)

• Modified the updating of NXDN Aliases
  • Modified receiving operation for NXDN DFA
  • Modified receiving operation for DMR RAS
  • Fixed Unit ID Alert issue

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It isn't Friday...but Japan has Golden Week holiday for the rest of the week. So, Wednesday is the new Firmware Friday.

Up man did you happen to see the thread about the analyze system ID being different than the search for System (net)work ID? We had that thread going over the weekend. Maybe that could be Troubleshooted?? For an update when Japan gets back?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Up man did you happen to see the thread about the analyze system ID being different than the search for System (net)work ID? We had that thread going over the weekend. Maybe that could be Troubleshooted?? For an update when Japan gets back?

As mentioned in that thread, both show the same value, just in different formats (HEX vs. DEC). No plans to change at this time.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What about the programmed alert tones for radio ID's screwing up the audio as discussed in the previous thread?

My bad....i see you addressed it. I completely misread that part. Sorry.

Thank you for the continued updates and support.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk
-----------------------
Uniden 436HP/VHF/UHF NMO Ground Plane Base Antenna
Anytone 6666/Sirio Tornado 27 Antenna
President Grant II/K40 Magnet Antenna
TRC-465 - Spare

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned in that thread, both show the same value, just in different formats (HEX vs. DEC). No plans to change at this time.

Ok I just wondered if it could be toggled between the 2,, thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What about the programmed alert tones for radio ID's screwing up the audio as discussed in the previous thread?

My bad....i see you addressed it. I completely misread that part. Sorry.

Thank you for the continued updates and support.

Thinking you got bored and stopped reading the change list before you got to the last bullet. :cool:

EDIT: Just saw your edit.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Thinking you got bored and stopped reading the change list before you got to the last bullet. :cool:
Lol ya likely. Cause the other updates didn't affect me. [emoji14]

Thanks again ;)

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk
-----------------------
Uniden 436HP/VHF/UHF NMO Ground Plane Base Antenna
Anytone 6666/Sirio Tornado 27 Antenna
President Grant II/K40 Magnet Antenna
TRC-465 - Spare

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Looks like scanner "saves" the Alias ID's now? Unsaved Alias ID's...UID comes up briefly, then the scanner "sees and displays" the Alias ID. Does the scanner now save the Alias ID for that UID or do I still have to Save Unit ID?

EDIT: Just answered my own question...still need to Save Unit ID. I'll say it again...very neat!

False TGID's still handing up scanner during ID Search of NXDN trunking system.

EDIT: Keypad is still laggy while scanner is receiving a talk group. If I want to press Channel to hold an active talk group, have to depress it a few times. If I wait till transmission is over, no issues.

Last edited:

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
@Upman

No joy on running LCN Finder on Cap MAX (TIII) , got nothing even after several voice transmissions. DSD+2.98 follow correctly.

do you need debug log ?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
LCN Finder now works on the Franklin County Jail system, CAP+ / RAS.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Still not reliably seeing NXDN Alias. I'll keep comparing this to what I see on DSD+. Not a huge deal.

As stated in the .17.0 thread this seems to be related to how the TG and UID are set up. I'm usually seeing the dispatch UID Alias, but very rarely do I see the field units. It seems that once the scanner sees one Alias, all transmissions for that conversation show either the UID or the initial Alias.

Unfortunately, I'm heading to Texas (that's not unfortunate) tomorrow morning (that's the unfortunate part) and won't have time to record a debug file.

Hope that helps.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Remember that DSD stores the alias in DSDPlus.radios file, so after successfully decoding the alias the first time, it references that file to the UID to display the alias. The scanner is decoding every time.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Still not reliably seeing NXDN Alias. I'm usually seeing the dispatch UID Alias, but very rarely do I see the field units. It seems that once the scanner sees one Alias, all transmissions for that conversation show either the UID or the initial Alias..

Did you Save the Dispatch Alias ID and not the mobile? What I'm seeing is if the Alias ID is not already saved, then the UID comes up (Seeing less than 5 seconds), then the Alias ID shows up. Unless you Save the Unit ID when the Alias is showing in the display, then it will repeat steps mentioned. If you Save the Alias ID, then next transmission you will see the Alias ID immediately in place of the UID.

(Ex.Talkgroup A- UID 1234...less than 5 seconds Alias ID: John replaces UID. I press E when John is showing, scanner prompts "Do you wish to Save Unit ID..E (Yes). When Talkgroup A comes up again, and John is talking, his Alias ID shows up and no UID appears)

Is this what you're seeing?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Department hold bug hasn't been fixed. Here's how to replicate it:

1. While scanning a multiple-site P25 trunked system, press FUNC + DEPT to hold on a site.

2. Wait for a transmission, then press DEPT. The scanner will not hold on the department.

3. Remove the site hold by pressing FUNC + DEPT again.

4. Wait for a transmission on that system, then press DEPT. The scanner will hold on the department.

5. Press FUNC + DEPT to re-engage the site hold.

6. Pressing DEPT will not release the department hold.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The Department hold bug hasn't been fixed. Here's how to replicate it:

I actually experienced this (or at least the 'keypad unresponsive when receiving') yesterday without having to hold.

I had two departments in relatively quick succession (~5 mins) that I wanted to avoid, one on a NXDN trunked system, one on a Moto Type II system.

Dept then Avoid worked on the NXDN system; did not work a few minutes later on the Moto system. It has worked in the past, of course.

It wasn't a 'sluggish key' issue as I pressed them several times. Only after the transmission stopped (no more carrier/squelch) were my keypresses recognized.

This was on 1.17.00 - can't upgrade until I get home tonight.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Has anyone tested 1.18 to see if DMR CAP+ RID and TGID ghosting was fixed? I am no longer at the Hospital to test there dmr system...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.